Clear all

Who's this? (early days).

355 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Reputable Member

testing with Steve's method -  right click image, copy image address (from drop-down menu), paste here. Seems OK.

Posted : July 23, 2021 11:06 am
griffonner
(@griffonner)
Trusted Member

I'm not sure, but I think this might be because that information is in the metadata of the image. IMMSMR you can remove/rewrite metadata with several programs, I'm pretty sure Photoshop is one, maybe the free Irfanview (these are windows progs which I don't use MOTT.)

Allen

Posted : July 23, 2021 11:48 am
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Reputable Member

@griffonner 

thanks, Allen for that information. I like to keep things simple; as steve's method seems to go be working, I'll try that again

Posted : July 23, 2021 12:13 pm
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Reputable Member

Clue: provided dwelling for a small girl.

Posted : July 23, 2021 12:25 pm
Guaj
 Guaj
(@guaj)
Prominent Member

@ionicus 

was he discredited for child abuse?

Posted : July 23, 2021 1:30 pm
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Reputable Member

@guaj Not that I know of. That was supposed to be a clue. Obviously not clear enough, I shall label it as such.

Posted : July 23, 2021 2:07 pm
belcanto
(@belcanto)
Trusted Member

Posted by: @ionicus

Clue: provided dwelling for a small girl.

I first thought of Alice and Charles Dodgson aka Lewis Carol - though he didn't actually provide a 'home' for her in his novel.  (Is this who Guaj was thinking of for Alice was based on a real child and there were questions of impropriety in Dodgson's relationship to her?). But I couldn't find any pics of him as a bearded younger man. His mentor, though, was bearded and that was George MacDonald. However he didn't seem to have anything in his written works to support it being him, either. So then I pondered some more about who had any little girl featured in a novel and Charles Dickens popped up with little Estella in Great Expectations. I DID find pics of him as a younger man with a full beard - though not this particular one.

Posted : July 23, 2021 5:07 pm
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Reputable Member

@belcanto

No, not Charles Dickens. The clue relates to a play by the illustrated author.

Posted : July 23, 2021 5:40 pm
amman
(@amman)
Honorable Member

It’s the distinguished Norwegian playwright ‘Henrik Ibsen’ and the play is probably (controversial in it’s day) ‘A dolls house’.

Posted : July 24, 2021 6:09 am
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Reputable Member

@amman

Have you got ESP, Tony? Absolutely correct.

Posted : July 24, 2021 8:38 am
amman
(@amman)
Honorable Member

A 'colourful' artist.

Posted : July 25, 2021 5:21 am
Guaj
 Guaj
(@guaj)
Prominent Member

@amman 

Charles Chatenay

(I cheated your pic has a ref number karlins 1282) best to try Steve's method I think -- worked for Luigi. I guess you go again?

testing with Steve's method - right click image, copy image address (from drop-down menu), paste here. Seems OK.

Posted : July 25, 2021 9:37 am
amman
(@amman)
Honorable Member

Hi Guaj. Yeah, I noticed the Karlins reference but using it does not actually identify the name of the subject (I’ve tried it).  Also, Charles Chatenay is the wrong answer.
Cheers.

Posted : July 25, 2021 11:30 am
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Reputable Member

@amman

looks like William Morris to me.

Posted : July 25, 2021 1:04 pm
amman
(@amman)
Honorable Member

Not William Morris, Luigi.  Try across the Channel.

Posted : July 25, 2021 1:34 pm
Page 12 / 24
Share: