Views on Self Publi...

Views on Self Publishing and Formatting  

RSS
SugarMama
(@sugarmama)

Hey all 🙂 I wanted to ask what your views are on getting self-published?  I would like eventually to have my book that I have been writing for the last eleven years on and off to be finally put into print when I have finished it. I can tick it off my bucket list and maybe start again. What I'm asking is have any of you had a book self-published and put on Amazon to sell? The other thing is how do you go about formatting a book to get it on Amazon? 

I know I have a fair way to go yet as I'm still getting through chapter 10 of my novel, but would like some opinions please if anyone would like to have a say 🙂

Thank you lovelies for your time and for reading.

Sugar. xxx

Posted : September 6, 2019 12:22 am
mitch liked
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Prominent Member

Hi Sugar, rather than write a long dissertation on self-publishing can I give you this link
https://www.abctales.com/blog/luke-neima/luigi-pagano-self-publishing
which is a piece I wrote five years ago regarding my experience of self-publishing?
It has not only my own views but several comments by others, I hope you find it useful.

Luigi x

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 6, 2019 12:34 pm
mitch liked
SugarMama
(@sugarmama)

@ionicus

Thank you my lovely one. I will take a look tomorrow when I have peace and after furniture has been delivered and I have possibly painted lol. 

Lots of love Luigi.

Sugar xxx

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 7, 2019 5:24 am
mitch liked
mitch
(@mitch)

Bore da, Swgar!

I self publish via a little set up I inherited called Wuggles which has twelve authors and no budget of course. What I do is use a POD or print on demand publisher like LightningSource who charge you about £50-90 to set up a master file on the pdf format they send you. You have a cover format as well which can be a bit tricky if you're not adobe-literate. The point is a POD will print one book or a million and you don't keep any stock. The buyer pays you, you pay the POD, the POD prints the book and posts it to the buyer. Simples. Good luck!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 13, 2019 9:28 am
Share: