Page 2 / 3
  RSS
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member
Posted by: stormwolf

Call me old fashioned...I believe in give and take. Old fashioned manners,

I am old school perhaps no place for me here any more.

You can't force what you feel are manners on people but there are problems with the site. Perhaps we can be constructive about this and come up with things we'd like to see implemented that would improve the site. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 24, 2018 8:01 pm
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member
Posted by: ifyouplease

yes and please when you two finish with this matter about various coolhermits/cliques/compliments/accolades out there

pray let's start talking about challenges workshops etc okay? tia

I'm afraid I'll have to opt out of challenges but I wish you good luck with them.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 24, 2018 8:02 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

Okay you leave me no other option but to 

reopen all the challenges I set. I hereby announce you all can submit new pieces for the rest of the year, an editor may like it so much you may receive an accolade. choose poetry challenge and I will be commenting on your work if I haven't died in an unexpected fire by the time you published it. now that I think about it, I am saying in advance to any person that may join one of my challenges a big thank you, just in case I never manage to stay alive until the day you post it due to an unexpected meteor shower or the sudden attack of Vampire Donkeys.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 24, 2018 8:17 pm
michel liked
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Honorable Member

I should keep my big mouth shut ? 

I don’t grudge anybody a nib and I should not care so much about the site as I do.

All life is change and it just feels a bit bereft but people move on.

it saddens me to see so many with no comments but I do not have the time to read like I used to.  The place is not the same as it was. A different vibe but that’s life .

In  anything there will always be those who participate more than others.

You are quite correct it’s not up to me to impose what I may see as fair play and I should not care anyway.

I am at a loss to make any meaningful suggestions and I tend to be too outspoken anyway ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 25, 2018 8:21 am
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member

Nothing wrong with being passionate and I know you don't grudge anyone. It just came across as frustration and I know that feeling too. I love this site. I don't want it to die and I'm at a loss too.

Don't be so hard on yourself. You care.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 25, 2018 8:36 am
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Honorable Member

Thank you Gee. Yes I do care ?

I also miss Mike and Bozz terribly and I’m sure I’m not alone in that.

They had no option but to not be posting of course and the site has suffered from the loss of their cheery input? not to mention encouragement.

They helped me in many ways as we all ( well most of us) benefit from interacting with other poets and getting encouraging  feedback ?

I love the site too. I have had many happy experiences and met some wonderful people .

Not to mention tons of laughs from Shy and Steve ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 25, 2018 9:17 am
michel liked
andrea
(@andrea)
Prominent Member Admin

Hi guys, I'm still here, as is Richard, beavering away behind the scenes 🙂

In my case, I'm not too well, and am moving house soon, hopefully, so little time to interact on the forums sadly. Still active behind the scenes though. as I said, and trying, with Richard, to make things run smoothly.

Both Mike and Bozzz are both  unwell, unfortunately. I am in regular touch with Mike (he's doing better and sends love!) who, hopefully will be back soon. Hope to get an update on Bozzz asap.

As far as Coolhermit is concerned, personally I think his stuff is pretty brilliant. I know he doesn't comment much, but I guess that is his choice, and who really knows what another's life is like? Hard to judge, really, simply from what people post on here...

Anyway, hope you are all well and writing fiendishly!

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 25, 2018 9:24 pm
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Honorable Member

Hi Andrea,

I do hope your house move goes well. I know what a strain it is at the best of times...let alone battling ill health. I am way behind in my writing to you as things been a bit hellish this end but plodding on.

I am do glad to hear Mike is improving. I will try to phone him and will get in touch with Meg to say we are all thinking about Bozzz.
Sending you a hug from Scotland

Alison xxx

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 26, 2018 11:25 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

not too well, moving house = that's my life the last five or six years 

too!

good luck Andrea and hugs from Athens

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 26, 2018 12:30 pm
andrea
(@andrea)
Prominent Member Admin

Thanks guys - appreciate it!

xx

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 27, 2018 9:59 pm
pronto
(@pronto)

It seems to me a mystery,

All these posts seem ancient history,

That nothing new has here been add

Is  writing here considered bad?

Is general apathy now the norm?

And comments die ere they are born?   ?

Just sayin' 

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 13, 2018 1:05 am
pommer
(@pommer)

Hi there, I have been unable to write, comment or even read much over a long time. I am so glad that Mike and Bozz are both with us and that Mike is showing some signs of improvement.As for Andrea and her move at a very unfortunate time, what can I say. We moved 17 times in our lifetime,every move is such a great upheaval, and it must be worse when fighting illness.Good luck Andrea.I too miss Mike and Bozz from the site, it is not the same.I have just spent the last ten days in hospital, and am now once again recovering albeit slowly in remission. Still it is no good giving in, there are many more far worse off.I try to contribute again one of these days, but it is an effort.Be lucky, Peter..

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 16, 2018 4:47 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

https://ukauthors.com/community/discuss-wabd/bozzz-has-left-us/

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 16, 2018 6:30 pm
sweetwater
(@sweetwater)

I haven't been on here for a while, as I have said I cannot find the words to weave into a poem since I lost my dog, a trivial reason to many no doubt but it has had a profound effect on me, and I don't like to keep posting old ones it feels like I'm cheating. I had a second knee replacement and was in hospital for several days, then with my family for over a week, I have now been home a week and will do my best to contribute once again, even if it is just to comment. Sue.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 18, 2018 10:30 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

I can only try, I'm reading too many books in Greek which makes me rusty and unable to use the only foreign language I know easily, and I do not talk with native speakers at all I don't watch movies I suddenly detest anything cinematic I don't watch TV and only sporadically I read a book in English,

my only connection with the English language was ukauthors but I rejoined abctales since I do not know what will happen to Ukauthors that doesn't seem to try and become what it used to be and I prefer British English speaking writers sites. 

There is this totally ephemeral feeling in all my efforts to write and only reading books in Greek (not literature) seems to be the most pleasing thing lately.

Basically I replied to write something in English and keep the connection alive. 

I am still shocked by my father's death and one of my dogs is very old. Sue I understand ..

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 19, 2018 9:47 am
Page 2 / 3
Share: