So who's going to get vaccinated then?

30 Posts
11 Users
9 Likes
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Trusted Member

Had my first and now eagerly waiting my second so my daughter can have some peace of mind. I had some health problems just as we went into lockdown the first time and she's been so worried. No problems with it at all. The first flu vaccination I got a few years ago made me feel a lot worse. 

Posted : March 5, 2021 2:07 pm
stevef
(@stevef)
Reputable Member

My first jab was a couple of weeks ago. I was a bit stiff and had a background headache for a couple of days but it was nothing that a couple of Paracetamol didn't reduce. It was nothing compared to a Yellow Fever inoculation I had fifty years ago either - about 36 hours bed-bound with lots of shivering and aching.

Posted : March 5, 2021 2:26 pm
gee reacted
griffonner
(@griffonner)
Trusted Member

@stevef

Ditto with yellow fever jab I had in 1976. The sight of the injection became the size of a football too! I literally couldn't put on a shirt for about two weeks.  I had to put off my journey until I could at least dress normally!!!!

Posted : May 16, 2021 10:10 pm
stevef
(@stevef)
Reputable Member

@griffoner:

Yes, those sort of memories never fade, for sure! I had a fierce dislike of needles for a while after that Yellow Fever jab. I reckon the RAF inoculated us with just about everything in the stock cabinet over four weeks and in my five years service I never left the UK!

I had my second Astra Zeneca vaccination last week and the side effects were similar to the first. Just a minor inconvenience really. 

Posted : May 16, 2021 11:32 pm
Dodgem
(@dodgem)
Trusted Member

My wife and I both had the Pfizer jab - first one in January - second last month. No noticeable side effects, but I decided to self-medicate on Black Bottle scotch just in case. 

Posted : May 17, 2021 4:39 pm
stevef
(@stevef)
Reputable Member

A wise move, Dodge, I did the same myself, there's no point in taking chances. 😋 🍾 

I completed the full course of one litre and drowned the little bustards. It might be a good idea to carry on with the treatment just in case a sneaky little mutant tries its luck.

Posted : May 17, 2021 5:51 pm
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Reputable Member

@stevef

you are wise to drink the lot. We can't have the scotch mutating, can we? Down the hatch or bottoms up!

Cheers.

Posted : May 18, 2021 9:50 am
stevef
(@stevef)
Reputable Member

I wouldn't try it with grappa though, Luigi! We had some Italian soldiers on a military exercise when I was an airfield security guard in 1977 and they gave me some sachets of the stuff that came in their field meal packs. Saturn V could have used that for fuel! Calvados runs a close second to it.

Posted : May 18, 2021 11:19 am
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Reputable Member

@stevef

there is grappa that is not so rough. It all depends on who makes it.Try grappa 'mandorlata'.

Posted : May 19, 2021 2:22 pm
stevef
(@stevef)
Reputable Member

I guess military-standard fare isn't issued with gastronomes in mind and anything will do when you're shivering in your tent after a fifty-kilometre march across the Apennines. 🙂

I've never seen grappa in any shops in the UK, I'll keep a look-out.

Posted : May 19, 2021 8:57 pm
Guaj
 Guaj
(@guaj)
Prominent Member

@steve

got my second Pfizer shot today

and they gave me a chocolate pussy after 

Posted : May 21, 2021 3:43 pm
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Reputable Member

@guaj

How sweet was that? {pear}:happy:  

Posted : May 21, 2021 3:51 pm
Guaj
 Guaj
(@guaj)
Prominent Member

@ionicus

I haven’t eaten it yet but it won’t make it through the night

Posted : May 21, 2021 3:55 pm
stevef
(@stevef)
Reputable Member

Two weeks ago I got poked by a girl forty years younger than me. 😀 

It was my second Covid vaccination. 😮 

Posted : May 21, 2021 3:57 pm
Guaj
 Guaj
(@guaj)
Prominent Member

I got a chocolate rabbit the first time maybe they were trying to tell me something 

cheers 🥃

Posted : May 21, 2021 4:12 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: