Forum

OMG Trux is back!
 
Notifications
Clear all

OMG Trux is back!

8 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
2,859 Views
skytrucker
(@skytrucker)
Posts: 18
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

I'm afraid so!

I now have three books in print and started on a new one.  What I need is for some input from a person of the female persuasion to provide me with some ideas about how you girls feel and react to certain situations.  

New book features a young lady solicitor (NOT that kind of soliciting, you naughty people!) 

Email would be preferable.  Usual email address  (skytrucker87@gmail.com)

 

Cheers folks

 
Posted : April 12, 2017 7:22 am
sirat
(@sirat)
Posts: 58
Trusted Member
 

Welcome back Allen! Long time etc. What happened to the second Skytrucker book? I loved the first one. I'll try to find your Amazon page, which I'm sure you must have by now.

It's difficult to be optimistic about your attempt to understand anything about the feelings of those of the female persuasion. It brings to mind a certain apocryphal story: 

A man walking along a California beach was deep in prayer. All of a sudden, he said out loud, "Lord, grant me one wish."

The sky clouded above his head and in a booming voice, the Lord said, "Because you have tried to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish."

The man said, "Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over anytime I want."

The Lord said, "Your request is very materialistic. Think of the enormous challenges for that kind of undertaking. The supports required to reach the bottom of the Pacific! The concrete and steel it would take! I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time and think of another wish, a wish you think would honour and glorify me."

The man thought about it for a long time. Finally he said, "Lord, I wish that I could understand women. I want to know how they feel inside, what they are thinking when they give you the silent treatment, why they cry, what they mean when they say 'nothing', and how I can make a woman truly happy."

The Lord replied, "You want two lanes or four lanes on that bridge?"

 

 
Posted : April 12, 2017 9:19 am
skytrucker reacted
skytrucker
(@skytrucker)
Posts: 18
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

I had two published last week.  One is a collection of the stuff already on UKA and the other is a little book How to Survive the Package Holiday.   

 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_3_12?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=allen+murray&sprefix=allen+murray%2Caps%2C290&crid=3P5QVV9SRVQHC

 

 
Posted : April 12, 2017 12:00 pm
sirat
(@sirat)
Posts: 58
Trusted Member
 

I've just ordered Out of Thin Air.

Speaking of Airbus (but ignoring its theological aspects) Jean and I are just back from a trip to New Zealand to meet our new granddaughter, who is now coming up to age one. We used a variety of airlines for different legs of the trip and came home via Costa Rica where we spent a bit over three weeks to see some of our more distant relatives. We had a couple of flights in the A380. Very quiet and comfortable, like an expensive limousine. And so highly automated that I understand all the Captain has to do is tell it quietly where he wants it to go and have a snooze until the passengers start disembarking at the other end. Not really your kind of flying, I suspect?

 
Posted : April 12, 2017 1:48 pm
skytrucker
(@skytrucker)
Posts: 18
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

Bless you!

 

No certainly not my kind of flying.  Good to hear from you again.  Written much of late?

Grandchildren are great mainly because you can give them back when they get fractious!  We now have several Great Grandchildren.  Not sure of the actual quantity but under ten I think.  Haven't a clue how many Grandchildren we have!

 
Posted : April 12, 2017 1:59 pm
andrea
(@andrea)
Posts: 190
Prominent Member Admin
 

Great grandchildren! Ooooh, bloody hell!

 
Posted : April 12, 2017 8:24 pm
skytrucker
(@skytrucker)
Posts: 18
Eminent Member
Topic starter
 

Indeed!

 
Posted : April 13, 2017 6:03 am
sirat
(@sirat)
Posts: 58
Trusted Member
 

Yes, grandchildren have a lot to recommend them. I'm attaching one of Lexie (age then about 8 months) giving me a cuddle before I go to bed (or possibly she was the one about to go to bed). A very smiley and affectionate little lady.

Regarding writing, I've been doing the occasional short story in a local creative writing group but my main project for the last three years or so (yes, I started it when I was very young) has been trying to turn the first 25% of my 2011 novel Engineering Paradise into a stage musical, with a lot of help from people who know about such things. Also writing lyrics for a couple of female Country & Western singers that I came across in the course of that project. The musical is now ready for the stage ( http://www.lulu.com/shop/david-gardiner/engineering-paradise-the-musical/paperback/product-23142353.html ) and if you want to hear some of the music it's here:  https://soundcloud.com/david-gardiner-8

A whole new area for me, and I'm greatly enjoying it.

 

 
Posted : April 15, 2017 1:07 pm
skytrucker reacted
Share: