Just the price we h...

Just the price we have to pay  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
Alfie_Shoyger
(@alfie_shoyger)
Estimable Member

Here is a tricky moral dilemma.

A couple of years ago, shortly after the 2017 Manchester terror attack in which 22 people, mostly little girls, were blown up at a pop concert by an Islamist, I was talking about the terrorist threat with an old friend of mine who I had known from university. He was 35, so around the same age as me, studied English Literature like I did, and is quite well-known on the performance poetry circuit. He's a middle-class boy from Braintree in Essex, so obviously he's a real expert on what it's like to live in a multicultural society.

He said he didn't understand what I was worried about, and informed me that "if we get attacked now and then, that's the price we have to pay for living in our wonderful, free, open society" and that I "must be insane" not to agree.

A year later I moved to Poland, to the more liberal part of Poland, where most people dislike the conservative government. I have told lots of people - mostly young women - what my ex-friend said about dead children littered round a concert hall being just "the price we have to pay". Not one person agreed with him. Every single person told me that what he said was "unbelievable", "disgusting" and "shocking".

So what's going on here? Are the Poles and I "insane"?

Posted : June 13, 2019 8:08 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

I fail to see the moral dilemma, so what is it? 

Is it perhaps:

Should there be a price for living free in an open society or should there not be?

There should not be

that's the most hermetically closed and fucked up society the one that claims there is a price of freedom

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by ifyouplease

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 13, 2019 8:27 pm
andrea
(@andrea)
Prominent Member Admin

No, you're not insane. Well, not on this issue, anyway ...

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 13, 2019 9:16 pm
guajiros
(@guajiros)
Eminent Member

No, Alfie you are not insane, nor are the Polish. 

The price is too high, but the price of an oppressive dictatorship or an Orwellian society is higher.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 14, 2019 7:58 am
Alfie_Shoyger
(@alfie_shoyger)
Estimable Member
Posted by: guajiros

The price is too high, but the price of an oppressive dictatorship or an Orwellian society is higher.

Exactly, and that is precisely, I believe, what is in store for the West.

And it won't be because of nationalists. It will be because of people like my ex-friend.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 14, 2019 12:53 pm
jay12
(@jay12)
Trusted Member

I'd say your friend is a bit of a moron. The only problem with a free society is the freedom it offers to everyone, including those that would do us all harm, and it enables them to carry out these atrocities under our very noses. People are scared of rolling back their freedoms even 1mm, even if the small changes made would stop these attackers in their tracks. The problem is people want all of the freedoms and total security when really its a balancing act. 

Ask people to have an ID card, or allow police powers to stop and search people, etc and they cry foul. And the terrorists slip through the net as always and people die. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 14, 2019 2:50 pm
Alfie_Shoyger
(@alfie_shoyger)
Estimable Member

He is indeed a moron. He simply thinks and says all the things he's supposed to think and say, unquestioningly. Diversity is our strength. Feminism just means Equality. All immigration is the same, and is wonderful. Nothing is worse than being a racist. I get all of my opinions from the Guardian. I just want to be popular.

The thing that really sickens me is that he is not alone. He is not some one-off extremist freak. There are millions upon millions of cunts just like him all over the Western world. This is why Western civilisation is collapsing.

What sort of man can't even get angry about a foreigner coming into our country, who hates our country and our people so much that he blows up a load of children? What sort of man can't get angry about British girls being killed on the streets of Manchester by a despicable traitor?

Answer: A despicable traitor. Not a man at all. Not a human being at all. A subhuman.

An UNTERMENSCH.

And there are millions upon millions of brainwashed, politically correct UNTERMENSCHEN all around us, bringing Europe to its knees.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 14, 2019 5:16 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

I don't know who he is, but I understand him as much as I understand you, understand each other then you'll understand people like me in the middle of opposing views.

Eureopean males are not saints. Far too many examples of sexually abused little girls and boys by uncles dads and stepdads or teachers, priests and strangers. Feminism is controled by patriarchy.

Family values and sense of honour had long before the refugees and sudden influx of immigrants appeared been diminished.

Still, the drama has not reached its crescento. Woe to those who have young children. Dark days ahead.

This post was modified 1 week ago by ifyouplease

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 14, 2019 8:04 pm
Alfie_Shoyger
(@alfie_shoyger)
Estimable Member

Traitors and mindless brainwashed automatons are not to be understood, they are to be fought.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 14, 2019 8:48 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

and how can you fight brainwashed automatons? 

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 14, 2019 10:23 pm
Alfie_Shoyger
(@alfie_shoyger)
Estimable Member

With gas chambers.

lol jk lol

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 14, 2019 10:32 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

we may all already be in a gas chamber - this may very well be our last hallucination. any ideas who may have put us in a gas chamber?

of course I cannot be sure if this hallucination happens while we choke to death or one of the many that await us in Bardo Thodol. collectively reconstructing reality. read Ubik by Philip Dick. the sensation must be so frightening we all decided to stick together and hallucinate animosities and atrocities. well some of us at least...

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 15, 2019 1:45 am
Alfie_Shoyger
(@alfie_shoyger)
Estimable Member
Posted by: ifyouplease

any ideas who may have put us in a gas chamber?

The currently suggested answers to this question are:

1. Lizards

2. Zionists

3. Zionists who are really lizards

4. Zionists who are really Satanists

5. Zionists who are really Satanists who are really lizards

6. The Freemasons

7. The Soviet government, who are still secretly indoctrinating us from the past

8. The globalist "Illuminati", who may or may not be lizards

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 15, 2019 8:34 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

Lizards... why not Atlanteans? or Babylonians? 

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 15, 2019 9:44 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

The butler of a lost tribe did it!

This post was modified 1 week ago 2 times by ifyouplease

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 15, 2019 9:45 am
Page 1 / 2