Clear all

John Bird launches new magazine to get the nation ‘reading deeper’

38 Posts
7 Users
3 Likes
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Estimable Member

only when he is emphatic he is hilarious.

Posted : June 14, 2019 7:09 pm
andrea
(@andrea)
Prominent Member Admin

I remember GW, haven't visited ABC for years. UKA and ABC were close, once. In fact Tony Cook visited me here and asked me to take over, but I declined, for various reasons. Initially the ABC forums were a bloodbath and eventually Tony had to introduce some moderation, despite howls of protest. Visited briefly after he left, but no idea who runs it now...

Something I'd almost forgotten... In the early days/years of ABC I was the most cherried writer on there ?

Posted : June 14, 2019 8:20 pm
ukadmin reacted
Guaj
 Guaj
(@guaj)
Prominent Member

The rather up-themselves clique that ran GW dumped the site (no loss) and set up a print magazine for high quality poetry and prose (their words) called Prole.

I never subbed to it but a mate of mine had some poems accepted, and he is a damn good poet.

Posted : June 15, 2019 8:29 am
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter

Erm... GW?

Posted : June 15, 2019 11:20 am
Guaj
 Guaj
(@guaj)
Prominent Member

I doubt it. In fact I'm sure he won't. He told me doesn't do writing sites anymore, he wants just to concentrate on getting stuff subbed and published.

Posted : June 15, 2019 2:26 pm
Guaj
 Guaj
(@guaj)
Prominent Member

I think it was called greatwriting.co.uk but it died when the owner pulled the plug about five years ago. Check out Prole magazine, the moderators run this now. 

Posted : June 15, 2019 2:30 pm
andrea
(@andrea)
Prominent Member Admin

Oh yes, I remember Poncy...

Posted : June 15, 2019 3:02 pm
Guaj
 Guaj
(@guaj)
Prominent Member

didn't realise it was that recent I dropped a couple of years before that I think.  The greatness disappeared long before the end.

Posted : June 15, 2019 3:19 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: