Forum

Huge Tory Win...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Huge Tory Win...

26 Posts
9 Users
5 Likes
1,372 Views
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Posts: 208
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter
 

Discuss!

?

 
Posted : December 13, 2019 12:04 pm
Guaj
 Guaj
(@guaj)
Posts: 916
Prominent Member
 

why bother?

 
Posted : December 13, 2019 1:14 pm
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Posts: 404
Reputable Member
 

@guajiros

I was about to say the same. Surely people must be fed up with all the incessant talking they endured prior to the election. ? 
Better concentrate on commenting on our own efforts, a scarce commodity.

 
Posted : December 13, 2019 1:52 pm
jolen
(@jolen)
Posts: 15
Active Member
 

Well, I'm not able to vote here yet, but I'm scared shitless with Boris in charge. He's a mini-Trump and the world is fucked between these two. NHS is going to be jacked and trust me, you don't want the same shit here as there is in America. 

 
Posted : December 13, 2019 7:14 pm
jay12 reacted
stevef
(@stevef)
Posts: 746
Reputable Member
 

I reckon Boris was the best of the goods on offer. He's got charisma, unlike most of the the rest, and a 'let's get things moving' air about him, which was needed to get us out of the stagnant Brexit situation. And despite accusations of him being a buffoon, I think he's very astute and not afraid to cut through barbed wire. Time will tell, obviously, but I think he's the right man for the job. 

Corbyn - a characterless terrorist-friendly, Marxist apologist with very dangerous views on our country's security. Even his own party members consider him a national threat. ? I can't understand how he was voted as party leader in the first place, going by his track record. 

Swinson - flying in the face of the Brexit referendum on a messiahistic mission to get Article 50 revoked. So popular that she even lost her own seat (and job). ? 

None of the other parties, SNP excepted, had the slightest chance of getting anywhere important. Good ol' Nigel played a vital part in not contesting Conservative-held seats but who's to say if it helped...

Tonight's wine tastes very good. ? 

 
Posted : December 13, 2019 9:27 pm
Guaj
 Guaj
(@guaj)
Posts: 916
Prominent Member
 

@stevef

It will soon sour

 
Posted : December 13, 2019 9:40 pm
jolen
(@jolen)
Posts: 15
Active Member
 

Well, I pray that I'm totally wrong and that this government does right for all of us. I don't really want to have to move to another country as there's not that many left where English is the national language.

 
Posted : December 14, 2019 10:03 am
stevef
(@stevef)
Posts: 746
Reputable Member
 

Jolen quote: 'I don't really want to have to move to another country as there's not that many left where English is the national language.'

I sometimes wonder if it's the national language here... ? 

 
Posted : December 14, 2019 12:15 pm
jolen reacted
jolen
(@jolen)
Posts: 15
Active Member
 

@stevef

I was joking of course. I had hoped to lighten any tensions which I may have caused. However, there is an underlying truth there as in most comedic statements. 

Have a good weekend folks.

 
Posted : December 14, 2019 12:18 pm
stevef
(@stevef)
Posts: 746
Reputable Member
 

It was clearly meant in humour, Jolen. ? Nothing there to causing tensions. 

I don't know why people get offended so easily these days; they seem to get riled over things online that they wouldn't be bothered about in normal 'human interface' situations. I suppose it's easy to hide behind a keyboard.

 
Posted : December 14, 2019 12:33 pm
jolen
(@jolen)
Posts: 15
Active Member
 

@stevef

I think you're right. But I can understand how it is more difficult to determine nuances without a 'face-to-face' if you will. I try to ask if I'm unsure rather than to assume, but I've had misunderstandings many times too. Generally with me, if you have to ask if I meant to be mean to you, then I wasn't being mean. I'm very clear when I'm pissed off and not the least bit bashful about expressing it loudly. lol 

 
Posted : December 14, 2019 12:37 pm
jay12
(@jay12)
Posts: 40
Eminent Member
 

We'll all get what was voted for. Some of us won't deserve it. 

Its not a Conservative government. It's a right wing one with a badge. 

I have no sympathy for the traditional Labour voters who chose Conservative. 

I have no sympathy for this government that thinks it can legislate in London about something that effects Europe. 

Never forget we did this to ourselves. It was a choice. 

We'd reached peak ignorance before the election. 

David Cameron is to blame. Plain and simple. Everyone after him was just a clown with a smile on their face and tears in their heart. 

Brexit was about Britain taking back control.... 

Scotland are gone. 

Ireland will unite. 

And the rest will have to accept that their is no Empire or doodlebugs anymore. 

Happy hunting guys! 

 
Posted : December 23, 2019 2:05 am
michel and jolen reacted
jolen
(@jolen)
Posts: 15
Active Member
 

@jay12

Good to see you here again, Jay. Happy Holidays, lad. 

 
Posted : December 23, 2019 12:36 pm
pronto
(@pronto)
Posts: 18
Eminent Member
 

@jolen

So, you think you'd be better off with a financially feckless communist in charge who admires Venezuela?  

 
Posted : January 4, 2020 6:31 pm
jolen
(@jolen)
Posts: 15
Active Member
 

@pronto

I am not sure where you got this notion or if you're talking about that fucking traitor who is currently squatting in the White House, but if that's who you mean then know this:

There has never been a human being whom I despise more. I hate Trump with every fibre of my being, I hate everything he's done to America and the world. I pray daily for his demise and that his entire gene pool be eliminated from the world. I have lost friends of over 30 years because they support this ignorant, lawless and evil cunt. I am sickened by the amount of ignorance and racism in America and the lawlessness of so many officials, especially in the Republican Party. I fight daily to help make sure they're voted out of office. DAILY! 

I would suggest that you rephrase questions regarding who someone prefers  before casting aspersions such as these upon anyone.  

 

My apologies. I'm so used to fighting against this Trump bullshit.
I guess you meant Corbyn. What I'd prefer is someone who wasn't an ignorant, bigoted, overprivileged fool. 

This post was modified 4 years ago by jolen
 
Posted : January 5, 2020 9:56 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: