Gift ideas for a writer

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
corrseye
(@corrseye)
Topic starter

Hi all,

I'm not actually a writer, but my cousin writes both novels and plays. I would love to get her something different for Christmas, and ideally something which would be of use in her writing. Is there anything anyone could suggest. What would you like as a gift to help your writing?

I'd initially thought of some kind of writing software, but the ones I looked at were download only. 

I would really appreciate any help you guys could offer.

Thanks in advance.

Posted : November 30, 2017 2:52 am
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Reputable Member

It is unlikely that she writes in longhand but if she does what better than a good pen? If on the other hand she uses a PC and a printer, as I do, you have more choices.  I always ask my daughters to give me a ream of photocopy paper and/or cartridges for the printer. Another useful accessory might be a flash drive for external storage of her writing.
To avoid unwanted gifts it might help to find out, through relatives or friends, her preferences in the matter.

Posted : November 30, 2017 3:29 pm
corrseye
(@corrseye)
Topic starter

Thank you 

Posted : November 30, 2017 7:51 pm
andrea
(@andrea)
Prominent Member Admin

You could do worse than the annual UKA Anthology, 'Voices from the Web' - the content of which is democratically voted in the the members of UKA themselves. Check here for comparisons and availability (type 'Voices from the Web' into the search bar)  www.bestbookprice.co.uk

Nice thought for your cuz 🙂

Posted : November 30, 2017 9:18 pm
sirat
(@sirat)
Trusted Member

What about showing her a great outlet for her writing? A copy of the latest edition of Gold Dust, for example:

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/golddustmagazine

Posted : December 6, 2017 10:45 am
jay12
(@jay12)
Eminent Member

A USB drive is handy for storing written work. Pre-load it with a link to www.ukauthors.com and it'll be the gift that keeps on giving for years to come. 

Posted : December 7, 2017 11:52 pm
Share: