Can't Submit

Can't Submit  

RSS
Cassandra
(@cassandra)

I had a story here, got hundreds of views and some feedback, and then I decided to remove it. Today I wanted to post a new story but when I clicked on submit I got "sorry, you are not allowed to access that page." What's up with that???

Posted : February 16, 2018 1:03 am
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

something has gone haywire in the last few days. There are errors and problems that many uka users are having.

I will have to roll back the site four days to try to get it back to a point where it was working before a possible bad update.

will work on a solution over the weekend

sorry

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 16, 2018 9:57 pm
belcanto
(@belcanto)
Reputable Member

I will have to roll back the site four days

NO!  Deleting cookies worked on both problems for me - not being able to submit and not being able to edit.

Simpler to urge all to try the deletion of cookies first, Richard. 

You might want to post instructions here and in shoutbox in case there are those who don't know how to do this.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 17, 2018 3:38 am
Cassandra
(@cassandra)

Thank you for getting back to me. I would have hated to switch to another site similar to this because the few I've tried I wasn't at all happy with. I've really come to like this site and I'm glad I can stick to it. I clicked 'submit' and it would allow me to do so, so that much is fixed. Will be submitting a new story soon! 🙂 While I'm at it, how often can we submit stories? I realize this is a small site and I was just wondering if there was a limit to how often we can submit things.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 17, 2018 3:41 am
shywolf
(@shywolf)
Trusted Member

The general guidelines stipulate you can submit two pieces of writing every Monday, and two every Friday, for a total of four per week.

Instead of trying to undo the biting of the old apple/I bite a new one instead/And with a toothless grin/Become a Dionysian among Christians.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 17, 2018 4:06 am
Cassandra
(@cassandra)

Oh wow. That's way more than I would need to submit, LOL. But this is good to know. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 17, 2018 4:08 am
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

Rollback on hold because it might have just been a cookie and backend (UKA website) cache (cookie) conflict with some new updateds. I've cleaned the backend cache and if you all delete your UKA cookies then things might work!

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 17, 2018 12:26 pm
Cassandra liked
andrea
(@andrea)
Prominent Member Admin

Brilliant! Thanks Richard.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 17, 2018 8:57 pm
Share: