Forum

Can someone explain...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Can someone explain what this MASSAGE means?

13 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
767 Views
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 552
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons

We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact ------------------------

 

okay people I don't get this, I am reading a forum topic on a site and somebody provides a link there others too, so I said I want to read more about this medical incident.

And this is what I get. I don't know what it is but I don't like it. Dark days ahead. Ridiculously Dark. I cannot visit a site because I am from Europe??????

 
Posted : May 15, 2019 1:19 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 552
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 

is this done by the European Union or does the site block countries belonging to the European Economic Area?

this is big.

this is a site called Northwest Indiana Times.

and I'm blocked! 

 
Posted : May 15, 2019 1:22 am
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Posts: 404
Reputable Member
 

The title of the newspaper should tell you that it is an American site. It blocks people from the EU because the EU enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The data protection package adopted in May 2016 aims at making Europe fit for the digital age. More than 90% of Europeans say they want the same data protection rights across the EU and regardless of where their data is processed.

 

 
Posted : May 15, 2019 8:48 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 552
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 

I will read more about it today, but I've never had a problem accessing a site because of this reason, and its not an illegal site, it's a bloody newspaper! what am I supposed to think then? That either the Americans do not protect at all our data or that something triggers this protection from our part - the article was about a dog saved from cancer I assume.

if this spreads however it's more serious than countries blocking many big sites like China does. There can be very selective data process and something is very very very fishy.

 
Posted : May 15, 2019 10:04 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 552
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 

but it says member states, is this thing EU related? would there be a problem if let's say Greece leaves the EU - would it affect any member leaving the EU? 

I don't like these restrictions when you don't break any law and not trying to access a site that breaks any law. 

who started it? I mean which state member started it. isn't it problematic when a citizen cannot read a newspaper? already?

 

 
Posted : May 15, 2019 10:32 am
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Posts: 404
Reputable Member
 

My advice is forget it. It isn't worth worrying about.  

 
Posted : May 15, 2019 4:23 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 552
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 

I think it may be critically important to investigate this case. The article I wanted to read was about CBD oil that cured the dog of a politician in this state and then she legalized its use. Of course I can't be sure maybe an american here can visit this site and tell what it was all about.

 
Posted : May 28, 2019 9:36 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 552
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 

https://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/governor-open-to-treating-indiana-s-first-dog-with-cbd/article_7fe3356d-e059-54e1-9279-8fcbb0b20d06.html

 

please visit and tell me if you also get the same message (if your countries are country members of the EU)

 
Posted : June 27, 2019 5:57 pm
Omecronon12
(@omecronon12)
Posts: 3
New Member
 

Hello.

 

It means that as for this article the EU is non certified or something. We're suspicious readers who shouldn't be eligible to read about how dogs are treated in Indiana, USA.  (...or something).

 

Taking ridiculousness to the next level 🙂

 

 

 

 

 
Posted : June 27, 2019 6:20 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 552
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 

Hi there, isn't it extremely ominous? What are they doing? Who asks what kind of certifications? Who doesn't provide them? The message is not clear. It could be the Americans it could be the Economic Area, why wouldn't a newspaper certify some simple protective steps implemented or demanded by the Economic Area? Will the site sell our data or use our data in way not in accordance with GDPR? Who decides? 

 

 
Posted : June 27, 2019 7:13 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 552
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 

I don't think WE are the suspicious readers but that THIS is a suspicious site and they (the Indiana times) are probably forced to block us because they don't want to 'say' how they are going to use our data.

 
Posted : June 27, 2019 7:16 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 552
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 

Where is Alfie is it permanent that he disappeared from the site and for what reason may I ask?

 

is Egriff alive or dead can someone officially reply on the matter?

 

why is alfie's work still available but he is nowhere to be seen? 

 

can the same thing happen to anyone?

 

I find it rather serious, to lose control of your own material. I would like to know if such a policy exists. I don't agree with it at all! 

 

If for any reason my one and only account has been deactivated I would really appreciate if you removed my work too. I don't want to have my work anywhere available without me being able to login and do whatever I want with it. 

 

(Alfie was important for uka's future and one of the most amazing talented voices Uka ever had. He was not Edna in my opinion and it was probably his angst that made him use strong language because nobody was defending him satisfactorily. pray make amends, uka's admins, and respect Alfie's right to always have access to his work and defend himself against any attacks and accusations brought at his doorstep. it's everybody's right! I am woefully disappointed by how things developed this summer on uka. it's awful! )

 
Posted : September 3, 2019 6:16 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 552
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 

nothing lasts forever, like many others I tried to be a positive member especially during the last two critical years.

I was hoping that Egriff would return that nibs would be more frequent that editors would reappear with their challenges and their workshops and their experience in their own language, I was hoping that someone would also appear to tell me and everybody what all this deactivating accounts means. 

yes I removed almost everything, kept two poems. 

 

I could have tried more, but I must leave, this is getting too weird for me and the apathy really gets on my nerves now that I face more problems in my life.

 

wishing you and the rest, and uka the best.

 

leaving two poems for old times sake. goodbye folks.

 

 
Posted : September 8, 2019 6:00 pm
Share: