Forum

Brexit for Dummies
 
Notifications
Clear all

Brexit for Dummies

98 Posts
7 Users
3 Likes
7,426 Views
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 552
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 

well I don't get it please explain?

 

 
Posted : March 14, 2019 6:03 pm
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Posts: 404
Reputable Member
 

Most people talk of "Theresa May's deal". This is not so: it was written by mandarins in Brussels and given to Theresa May to be fobbed off on the British electorate.

 
Posted : March 15, 2019 10:36 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 552
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 

sounds like two opposing MPs are in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SB4gB3DEhA

 
Posted : March 15, 2019 10:10 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 552
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 

I didn't vote back then, I abstain since '11. Our referendum was NOT as clear as yours.  the referendum never clearly stated that Greeks want to leave the eurozone etc. but yours? it was very clear and the majority decided it's best to leave. i do not think the Greeks would want to leave the EU, just go back to drachmas. it's weird isn't it? you never changed your currency yet even for you it's difficult to just 'leave'.

 
Posted : March 16, 2019 2:41 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 552
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 

what they asked you the question was far more 'serious' than what they asked us. by not mentioning EU not even eurozone, they simply asked if we want another bailout or not. we said no and what did it mean? it meant that we didn't care anymore if we have euros or drachmas and not only we wouldn't give a dime anymore if the entire eurozone may have suffered a domino effect because we had to declare bankruptcy. 

while yours was based on the fact you never schengenized fully your country (correct me if I'm wrong) and never had to change your currency so there weren't really any other dilemmas, you are not using the EU currency you don't jeopardize the eurozone in any way I don't know if you understand how 'less significant' was your referendum because of the currency and schengen for the EU, it won't implode if you leave or not accept financial decisions or comply with any financial restrictions! you never were 'that' close 'that' connected... and how absolutely crucial ours was. in fact your politicians prolonging this brexit is totally laughable now (but according to plan), and i have to tell you i see no reason for a brexit anymore because it's not the EU the one responsible for your problems, the problems are totally yours. immigration/refugees? you are not fully following Schengen. currency? you don't have euros. what do you have? you only had a privileged relationship with EU from which anyone would have expected a big economy such as yours to be able to say goodbye anytime you wished.

right now i must say it looks like you are pestering 'THE EU' with your i'm leaving (obviously there are multiple agendas). well go. SHOULD BE the easiest thing not only for you but also for the EU! can you imagine if France had a referendum like yours? it would have a TREMENDOUS effect on the Eu and not only.

you never were that close after all. right? surely you understand there were transactions that can no longer be made as easily as in the past. the european union has taken up your challenge, and we are all watching your politicians montypythonize the hell out of it (because it is part of the plan). a mockery not for us but for your people! right now only remainers seem serious thinkers. and i am NOT pro EU. never was. not for not against. just watching you us everybody. 

 

clarification: ours was not about Exit, and it was not as serious as yours, i never voted because i didn't know and still don't know whose agenda was it. it could have been anyone's. however, your referendum despite the fact it is a very serious question doesn't have the same effect on the Eurozone or Schengen. so what's the problem? why can't you leave? 

our referendum was not populist. and of course the answer was NO bailout. the rest is history. we were too connected with everything, the South would have had a domino effect immediately. so they pressured Tsipras for hours. and he was somehow convinced he had to turn his back on the people for the sake of EU. the vision of Europa.

 
Posted : March 16, 2019 6:24 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 552
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 

....... editing posts........ to correct grammar in context and clarify some things. thanks.

 
Posted : March 16, 2019 6:25 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 552
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 

leave and don't ever look back. 

stay but the relationship rest assured it cannot continue on this privilege "i keep my currency, i do not fully accept and implement Schengen" without negotiating with Brussels. that's what I have understood. in 2020 if you stay you have to change currency right? is that what your politicians with this referendum really tried to achieve? to extend your privileged relationship as it was coming to an end? 

thoughts? 

 

 
Posted : March 16, 2019 6:54 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 552
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 

does anyone know about 2020? is it true if you are still a member without a deal and not exiting you will have to change your currency? 

 

 

 
Posted : March 16, 2019 7:30 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 552
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 

If May’s deal is rejected a third time, leading to a two-year extension, then I fear it would lead to Great Britain becoming a subordinate country to France and Germany’s joint rule of the EU, loss of a centuries-old, proud National identity with consequent reduction in the mental health and pride of the Nation

 

two year extension? that means you can safely technically speaking still be a member with a deal of exiting in 2020? and even leave proudly in 2021 without ever becoming subordinate since you never once had to change currency? what is not to like? this a great plan. devious. masterful. 4D chess. 

it's obvious. just wonder who exactly is the real winner? is it the EU is it the people of the UK is it something else? and who knows in two years maybe the sudden influx of immigrants/refugees will have stopped. transactions will be normalized. people's decision respected or about to be respected. who cares? no euros no Shengen for the UK 

the deal is bad because it is supposed to be bad so that MPs can talk about a dead parrot. 

if people laugh at your MPs and claim you have no power, it's because you have to trust the plan. 

 

 

 

 

 
Posted : March 16, 2019 8:08 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 552
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 

My opinion as to what should happen now is for May’s defective deal to be voted through, just to be able to officially leave the EU on 29 March in accordance with Article 50.

With the Trade Deal left to negotiate (which cannot be done before we leave) and as nothing is agreed in the negotiations until everything is agreed, we should then get rid of May (and Hammond and Rudd), and replace her with Boris (who is a ‘leaver’, has staunch character and courage, is a great orator, and is extremely intelligent),

 

Excuse me, if you have officially left/exited why would you still need a 'leaver'? the trade deals which i assume will be about your future transactions etc as a non-member don't need a 'leaver' they need intelligent people and I am sure you have them. leaver is no longer relevant. you will no longer be a member of the EU and still need a leaver? in fact you would need someone without the strong sentiments of leaving and still focused on the recent past. it will be over for you. wouldn't it? it will be over with or without tweaking old agreements. your divorce is your problem. your politicians have been signing agreements all these years dealing with the EU and you have to respect those signatures of trading as a member and trading as a non-member. pay but not exactly as you say "as we don’t have any influence on any future decisions the EU make after 29 March, and should not therefore pay the full amount." 

the amount has been signed by your politicians and I am sure they -Brussels- won't be asking you for money after 29 March. are you trying to leave because of this very fact? is there something 'uncomfortable' in decades of deals and negotiations? 

but allow me to ask, you should not pay the full amount because what? you will have left. had you agreed that if you left at any point you would pay the full amount? is that what you're saying? will you be fined in case you leave without paying the full amount, will it be be affecting some sort of bad deals as a non-member later?

 

the plot thickens.

 
Posted : March 17, 2019 12:27 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 552
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 

can someone tell me what this is all about?

h**ps://www.ukro.ac.uk/Documents/factsheet_brexit.pdf?pubdate=20190306

 

 

 
Posted : March 17, 2019 3:30 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 552
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 

Trevor, what if they told you you would still have some influence if you pay the full amount, would you agree to pay?

by removing your country completely from Brussels you can no longer monitor business and projects like you used to. is your country ready for this? i see there are offices link provided above, there will be some sort of cooperation with the EU. 

The EU is too strong to be defied and tweak agreements. There are already problems and negotiations with your fully being members. Can you imagine what it'd be like without your offices and officials for decades?

 

 

 
Posted : March 17, 2019 3:41 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 552
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 

h**ps://qz.com/1134703/brexit-divorce-bill-explained-why-the-uk-needs-to-pay-the-eu-to-leave/

interesting

for some reason and for the first time i'm rather obsessed with this situation. 

i found another article from the Guardian, excellently penned that man really knew how to write. and then suddenly I remembered that it may not be liked by others so i shouldn't post a link, that the Guardian is probably pro Remainers right? and then I thought hey what if you were British and was a Remainer, how would you feel on uka? i said to myself "i would feel rather uncomfortable" 

so......

i'm sure there were remainers among ukaneers are there still? i mean here on uka. i think they should be more talkative then, perhaps they think ukauthors is full of leavers or only for leavers. and only few leavers write? maybe all the mojo is in the remainers. 

Remain. Leave. Big words. there are those who remain and those who leave. hmm

so Leavers and Remainers! ukauthors is just a writing site. am I being paranoid now that i think Brexit may have something to do with less activity on uka?

 
Posted : March 17, 2019 11:30 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 552
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 

Greece was not as financially compromised because of corruption as Spain or Italy - the big money you hear now is the aftermath of IMF loans. Greece was selected for the role. They made us take loans is that so difficult for you all to see it? We have everything. We can support ourselves. We can industrialize ourselves but it is foreign interests that every time we tried they found a way to stop us.

Then we had the fires, the earthquakes all sorts of calamities. Ex prime minister Karamanlis 2008 was threatened but you don't know all this do you? yep how are they called? oh yes "financial assassins". Papandreou was going to bring the IMF Karamanlis wouldn't because he knew that with some extra measures Greece would be fine and that OTHERS from the South were in really bad shape. He didn't promise money and Papandreou promised more money and there is no reason for austerity because "lefta yparxoun" -------> 'there is money'

Karamanlis ever since became a silent politician. He doesn't speak much anymore. 

 

Actually this was just a big money laundering in my opinion that had nothing to do with Greece or any country they selected. it was between the IMF and the EU. 

this simplistic view that Greece is a country responsible for the problems of the Eurozone ought to have been rejected by those who whether they are Filellines or not they are smart and use common logic.

who got all this money? just ask yourselves did we take this money or was it the EU and Germany? we do not owe anything to Germany by the way they never paid us for WWII "If the system was fair, todays Germany would delete this fake debt by just “paying back for damages during the War and for the gold stolen from Greek Banks… Actually, about the gold, nazis signed papers that they “borrowed” it! It is signed!)." from Quora.

we also sent more Gold just before entering the bloody Eurozone. we have PAID and CONTRIBUTED. 

 

(by the way this topic is about Brexit not the Greek Financial Crisis, or do you think they are connected?)

 

 
Posted : March 18, 2019 11:17 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 552
Estimable Member
Page 1 / 7
Share: