Brexit for Dummies

Brexit for Dummies  

Page 7 / 10
  RSS
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Illustrious Member

May 1st is fake news. the real news channel was discontinued in 1789 approximately.

now... back to topic

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2019 1:55 am
Alfie_Shoyger
(@alfie_shoyger)
Reputable Member

OK. Here is my position on the EU.

Firstly, let me say that I did not vote in the referendum at all. I wanted to, but I was living in Lithuania at the time, and the amount of red tape I had to go through to get a postal vote defeated me in the end. I would have voted Leave.

Secondly, I understand the irony present in being Eurosceptic while enjoying the benefits the EU brings, namely easy, free movement to other nations. I now live in Poland. However I don't live in Poland because it's in the EU. I live here in spite of it being in the EU. I want Poland to leave the EU. Incidentally, as I understand it, the Polish establishment, like the establishment of most Eastern European nations, do not see their long-term future as a part of the EU. They are just here temporarily, in order to develop their economies. This suits the Germans and French, who only want the East in the EU in order to be a market for their goods. This is why even a complete corrupt shithole like Romania was allowed into the EU. It's just a market, a Western economic playground. The Eastern countries see their long-term future as the INTERMARIUM, which I think is a brilliant idea and I hope arrives soon, a pan-Eastern-European bloc from the Baltic to the Black Sea.

Thirdly - OK, here we go:

I had no particular opinions about the EU one way or the other until late 2015. Until that point I was indifferent about the impending EU referendum in Britain, I had no strong feelings about it. I didn't particularly feel the need to vote in this referendum.

Then a bunch of Muslim "refugees" shot and blew up a load of people on the streets of Paris. I was living in Berlin at the time, and I then started to realise that I would have to leave Berlin, which was filling up with Muslim "refugees" and was already filled up with insane people waving signs with "Refugees Welcome" written on them.

Then the EU declared that every member state had to take a share of these "refugees", most of whom were not refugees at all of course, but just economic migrants (which even Frans Timmermans himself admitted), most of whom were young fit men. When genuine refugees, instead of being brought to Europe where they do not belong, could have been housed and looked after in a country with the same culture, religion and language like Egypt or Algeria or Oman, who could have been paid by the EU to take them.

Poland, Hungary, Czechia and Slovakia said they didn't want to take any migrants. The EU then started threatening those countries with fines and repealed voting rights.

The EU were telling those nations what to do, and threatening to punish them for non-compliance. Which means that the EU does not respect the sovereignty or freedom of individual nations, and acts as a higher authority over individual nations. It was at this point that I started to hate the EU.

It's not because of anything that has affected my country that I hate the EU. But if the EU can boss Poland and Hungary around, they can do the same thing to us. It is fundamentally wrong. The highest authority in Britain should be the British government and the highest authority in Hungary should be the Hungarian government. The EU should not have the power to tell any country what to do. It could be about the migrant issue or any other issue.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2019 10:31 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Illustrious Member

since nobody was answering my question I had to google and find an answer

if indeed Brexit people have said such a thing to the people then they manipulated the voters

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47523168

I am sure that if everybody had understood your relationship and membership with the EU would not be able to affect your immigration policies or your national currency the results would have been different.

And after all ladies and gentlemen even if you leave you would still have to trade with the rest of Europeans whether they are bullied by their beloved EU or not! 

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2019 4:38 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Illustrious Member

who represents Leavers? I want to see her/his face. and who represents Remainers?

these two must confront each other and there must be a debate

and this issue one of the first to be covered and explained. 

Was there really a problem so urgent and critical to leave the EU for the United Kingdom?

Has this result of the referendum brought more problems (trade deals and Northern Ireland) than staying has been bringing (potential bullying regarding immigration policies and adopting the euro is out of the question, so how exactly would it bully you?)

You need a second referendum and such a debate asap. 

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2019 4:50 pm
Alfie_Shoyger
(@alfie_shoyger)
Reputable Member

Look. It's very simple. The British people voted to leave the EU because they didn't want to be dictated to by foreigners. Simple as that.

When we voted to join the EEC in 1973 it was just a trading bloc, nothing more. The Treaty of Maastricht in 1992 turned the EEC into the EU, a political union. We don't want a political union. We don't want to belong to a supranational entity that, for example, forces its own immigration policy onto individual nations.

Everything else is flannel.

I'll let Pat Condell explain it to you:

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2019 4:54 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Illustrious Member

I can't stand this person, sorry.

nobody was able to bully you and when you negotiate and decide as a sovereign nation with a robust economy I see no reason to be afraid of the bullying taking place with weak countries like mine, and use it as an excuse to stop negotiating as a member. Defend weaker nations if you care enough! Reform the EU!

the EU has to speak you know when there are things to be decided, or do you expect EU officials to just show you some papers ask you to sign them timidly leaving them in front of you and never speak because it could sound as dictation!?

this doesn't sound 'healthy' from the UK's part. are you then 

suffering  from post empire psychosis as subjects of the Crown if for this reason only you do not want to be dictated by foreigners 

you should all be thankful you still are a very powerful nation! have your clocks all been stopped at twenty minutes to nine

thank you for your replies 

I think I finally understood what Brexit is all about, but I cannot worry for you all, I have to worry for my people who belong to a weak nation!

but, Good Luck with all that!

This post was modified 4 months ago by ifyouplease

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2019 5:13 pm
Alfie_Shoyger
(@alfie_shoyger)
Reputable Member

With the greatest respect, it's not your business what the British decide to do.

I don't give a shit what the Greeks do.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2019 5:17 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Illustrious Member

Okay Archie. I just took the opportunity of being alone in the court-yard, to look at my coarse hands and my common boots. End of discussion!?!?

🍓  🍟  🌺  🌻  🌼  🍒  🍓  

This post was modified 4 months ago by ifyouplease

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/05/2019 5:25 pm
andrea
(@andrea)
Prominent Member Admin

100% correct Luigi!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2019 9:02 pm
andrea
(@andrea)
Prominent Member Admin

A second referendum? Why? Until they get the result they want? I think not!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2019 9:04 pm
andrea
(@andrea)
Prominent Member Admin

Pat Condell is brilliant. And spot on.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2019 9:05 pm
andrea
(@andrea)
Prominent Member Admin

Spot on, Mac.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2019 9:07 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Illustrious Member
Posted by: andrea

A second referendum? Why? Until they get the result they want? I think not!

Hi Andrea, good to see you again posting.

I don't see how any referendum can help in any country if it's not put into force immediately. That's a problem when there are too many delays and indecisiveness.

I explained all I could explain as a foreigner who didn't know anything about Brexit. Won't return to this topic because a) I finally understood more about Brexit and the Guardian helped me as much as voices like Macjoyce's and Trevor's. and b) I lost my interest in the topic, however I hope you all are going to make it work the best way for your country and European peace and prosperity.

Thanks, and again lovely to see you posting.

This post was modified 3 months ago by ifyouplease

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10/05/2019 9:19 pm
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Prominent Member

Lovely to hear from you again, Andrea.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/05/2019 9:01 am
Gothicman
(@gothicman)
Trusted Member
Posted by: @gothicman

My opinion as to what should happen now is for May’s defective deal to be voted through, just to be able to officially leave the EU on 29 March in accordance with Article 50.

With the Trade Deal left to negotiate (which cannot be done before we leave) and as nothing is agreed in the negotiations until everything is agreed, we should then get rid of May (and Hammond and Rudd), and replace her with Boris (who is a ‘leaver’, has staunch character and courage, is a great orator, and is extremely intelligent), and then let him, choose his Cabinet,  negotiate the trade deal, with some tweaking to the Withdrawal Agreement in spite of the EU claiming it is closed to further negotiation, including a reduction the 39 billion Divorce Bill, as we don’t have any influence on any future decisions the EU make after 29 March, and should not therefore pay the full amount. The strength of our position as a major trading Nation against the EU has never been exploited or tested by May and her cronies.

I think with Boris the new Prime Minister, the Conservatives would still win the next General Election!

Others may disagree.....

God's in his Heaven, Nikke's survived being flattened, Guajiros still thinks the British are stupid, Boris is to be Prime Minister, and all's well with the world! My predictions from March are almost spot on as usual? Next? If Parliament opposes the No Deal exit 31st October, the Establishment (incl. the BBC) will continue to force it all on to a General Election and Boris will be backed by Nigel's Brexit Party, all the undemocratic shite MPs will be kicked out of parliament, and Boris's Conservative Party will rule supreme with a huge majority; and Brexit will be a fact.

IYP may disagree.....

ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/07/2019 12:34 pm
Page 7 / 10
Share: