Brexit for Dummies

Brexit for Dummies  

Page 6 / 9
  RSS
Gothicman
(@gothicman)
Estimable Member

New Zealand was an example of how a border could work.

Schengen is dead. Borders to stop illegal immigration, even normal passport controls, or internal further migration, exist now between most countries in the EU. They will keep extending temporary decrees until a federal EU border police force is formed. How many immigrants do you have now on Lesbos, or even waiting for processing in Athens?

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 30, 2019 2:52 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

I'm afraid the Remainers were right after all. You cannot leave without causing bigger problems and nobody has any plan how to deal with them while respecting valid agreements. 

The EU must be reformed and such issues whenever they arise must already have a solution.

Schengen Area is an agreement that is problematic.

Eurozone is unfair and something must be done.

so far dead ends everywhere... how disappointing.

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 30, 2019 3:03 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member
Posted by: Gothicman

New Zealand was an example of how a border could work.

Schengen is dead. Borders to stop illegal immigration, even normal passport controls, or internal further migration, exist now between most countries in the EU. They will keep extending temporary decrees until a federal EU border police force is formed. How many immigrants do you have now on Lesbos, or even waiting for processing in Athens?

well it seems as many as the West decided we should have. in any case I think the South got too many problems because of the rest of you (it's your countries they are trying to reach not ours), I see now that neither Germany nor the UK nor France actually care about us Spain Italy Greece.

we are on our own. 

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 30, 2019 3:07 pm
Gothicman
(@gothicman)
Estimable Member

Glad to have helped you understand why majority of the British people will leave the EU.

Brexit will happen, and we will make a success of it.

Good luck in Greece! You should have left years ago, and told Germany to stuff their new war of attrition on the financial front!

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 30, 2019 3:17 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

no you haven't answered my question about 2020. are you forced to lose your currency?

don't worry about us

This post was modified 9 months ago by ifyouplease

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 30, 2019 3:25 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

May 1st is fake news. the real news channel was discontinued in 1789 approximately.

now... back to topic

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 1, 2019 1:55 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

since nobody was answering my question I had to google and find an answer

if indeed Brexit people have said such a thing to the people then they manipulated the voters

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47523168

I am sure that if everybody had understood your relationship and membership with the EU would not be able to affect your immigration policies or your national currency the results would have been different.

And after all ladies and gentlemen even if you leave you would still have to trade with the rest of Europeans whether they are bullied by their beloved EU or not! 

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 1, 2019 4:38 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

who represents Leavers? I want to see her/his face. and who represents Remainers?

these two must confront each other and there must be a debate

and this issue one of the first to be covered and explained. 

Was there really a problem so urgent and critical to leave the EU for the United Kingdom?

Has this result of the referendum brought more problems (trade deals and Northern Ireland) than staying has been bringing (potential bullying regarding immigration policies and adopting the euro is out of the question, so how exactly would it bully you?)

You need a second referendum and such a debate asap. 

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 1, 2019 4:50 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

I can't stand this person, sorry.

nobody was able to bully you and when you negotiate and decide as a sovereign nation with a robust economy I see no reason to be afraid of the bullying taking place with weak countries like mine, and use it as an excuse to stop negotiating as a member. Defend weaker nations if you care enough! Reform the EU!

the EU has to speak you know when there are things to be decided, or do you expect EU officials to just show you some papers ask you to sign them timidly leaving them in front of you and never speak because it could sound as dictation!?

this doesn't sound 'healthy' from the UK's part. are you then 

suffering  from post empire psychosis as subjects of the Crown if for this reason only you do not want to be dictated by foreigners 

you should all be thankful you still are a very powerful nation! have your clocks all been stopped at twenty minutes to nine

thank you for your replies 

I think I finally understood what Brexit is all about, but I cannot worry for you all, I have to worry for my people who belong to a weak nation!

but, Good Luck with all that!

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 1, 2019 5:13 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

Okay Archie. I just took the opportunity of being alone in the court-yard, to look at my coarse hands and my common boots. End of discussion!?!?

?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  ?  

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 1, 2019 5:25 pm
andrea
(@andrea)
Prominent Member Admin

100% correct Luigi!

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 10, 2019 9:02 pm
andrea
(@andrea)
Prominent Member Admin

A second referendum? Why? Until they get the result they want? I think not!

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 10, 2019 9:04 pm
andrea
(@andrea)
Prominent Member Admin

Pat Condell is brilliant. And spot on.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 10, 2019 9:05 pm
andrea
(@andrea)
Prominent Member Admin

Spot on, Mac.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 10, 2019 9:07 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member
Posted by: andrea

A second referendum? Why? Until they get the result they want? I think not!

Hi Andrea, good to see you again posting.

I don't see how any referendum can help in any country if it's not put into force immediately. That's a problem when there are too many delays and indecisiveness.

I explained all I could explain as a foreigner who didn't know anything about Brexit. Won't return to this topic because a) I finally understood more about Brexit and the Guardian helped me as much as voices like Macjoyce's and Trevor's. and b) I lost my interest in the topic, however I hope you all are going to make it work the best way for your country and European peace and prosperity.

Thanks, and again lovely to see you posting.

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 10, 2019 9:19 pm
Page 6 / 9
Share: