Forum

Brexit for Dummies
 
Notifications
Clear all

Brexit for Dummies

98 Posts
7 Users
3 Likes
7,677 Views
Guaj
 Guaj
(@guaj)
Posts: 916
Prominent Member
 

Who gives a shit.

 

 
Posted : July 23, 2019 12:28 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 556
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 
Posted by: @gothicman
Posted by: @gothicman

My opinion as to what should happen now is for May’s defective deal to be voted through, just to be able to officially leave the EU on 29 March in accordance with Article 50.

With the Trade Deal left to negotiate (which cannot be done before we leave) and as nothing is agreed in the negotiations until everything is agreed, we should then get rid of May (and Hammond and Rudd), and replace her with Boris (who is a ‘leaver’, has staunch character and courage, is a great orator, and is extremely intelligent), and then let him, choose his Cabinet,  negotiate the trade deal, with some tweaking to the Withdrawal Agreement in spite of the EU claiming it is closed to further negotiation, including a reduction the 39 billion Divorce Bill, as we don’t have any influence on any future decisions the EU make after 29 March, and should not therefore pay the full amount. The strength of our position as a major trading Nation against the EU has never been exploited or tested by May and her cronies.

I think with Boris the new Prime Minister, the Conservatives would still win the next General Election!

Others may disagree.....

God's in his Heaven, Nikke's survived being flattened, Guajiros still thinks the British are stupid, Boris is to be Prime Minister, and all's well with the world! My predictions from March are almost spot on as usual? Next? If Parliament opposes the No Deal exit 31st October, the Establishment (incl. the BBC) will continue to force it all on to a General Election and Boris will be backed by Nigel's Brexit Party, all the undemocratic shite MPs will be kicked out of parliament, and Boris's Conservative Party will rule supreme with a huge majority; and Brexit will be a fact.

IYP may disagree.....

all I am saying is that obviously your politicians who work for TPTB all of them, controlled opposition included are playing a game with the EU and there won't be a solution regarding many issues ON PURPOSE, they will be using excuses to prolong Brexit until the solution is what they want. yes they are clowns but clowns on a mission, never underestimate a clown on a mission. 

 

 
Posted : July 23, 2019 12:33 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 556
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 

Trevor by the way, please join the new Fiction Challenge.

and hopefully you can persuade others to try too!

 
Posted : July 23, 2019 1:10 pm
Guaj
 Guaj
(@guaj)
Posts: 916
Prominent Member
 

Of course the British give a shit. That's why the Union is in such a mess and possibly in danger. 

I am not British, I am English, pure Southern English Saxon our traceable family goes back nearly 800 years, but like you for whatever our reasons I do not live in my country.

Maybe the British in general are not stupid (it is just an expression of course) but a lot of the English definitely are.

If you read my comment carefully I said I am apolitical. The only thing that bothers me about Brexit is that is has - and still is - costing me thousands which I can ill afford to lose. So please get off my back, I have no desire to keep reading snide remarks about me. I'm here to write and read other's decent work, not discuss the idiocy of World politics.  

 
Posted : July 23, 2019 1:21 pm
Guaj
 Guaj
(@guaj)
Posts: 916
Prominent Member
 

@ifyouplease

Precisely 

 
Posted : July 23, 2019 1:26 pm
Guaj
 Guaj
(@guaj)
Posts: 916
Prominent Member
 

I don't know why you drag me into this thread just because I made a comment on an entirely different subject.  And what's all this about statistical back up? What are you some sort of UKA spy? 

 
Posted : July 23, 2019 1:56 pm
Guaj
 Guaj
(@guaj)
Posts: 916
Prominent Member
 

Well I never thought of myself as aggressive obtuse or otherwise. I try to avoid aggression. 

I don't really want to discuss Brexit anymore. I agonised over it back in 2016 even though, like you I suppose, I wasn't allowed to vote being a Brit out of the UK for over 3 years. I knew before the vote how a yes vote would affect me and I was right. I jumped up and down, cursed David Cameron etc etc. Then I realised there was nothing I could do or say. I've  just had to come to terms with the fact my fixed income (pensions) would drop by 10% and my savings in my UK bank by 20%.

I've learned to live with it, there is nothing more to discuss, it won't change anything for me --- Brexit is a Major inconvenience.

All I can hope for now is the mess will clear up and sterling will climb to a decent level and being a non-EU resident won't affect my rights here very much, but somehow I think I am pissing into the wind on both counts.

The country I knew and loved disappeared long before this latest debacle. 

 
Posted : July 23, 2019 3:59 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 556
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrbxWOMpwfs

 

all countries are like this

 
Posted : July 23, 2019 4:29 pm
Guaj
 Guaj
(@guaj)
Posts: 916
Prominent Member
 

@gothicman

No I don't live in either of those places although I've spent a lot of time in Spain in recent years. I have Spanish friends. I like it there.

I worked for a very large German company for many years and also a Belgian international group. I'm in the Netherlands area.

 
Posted : July 23, 2019 6:17 pm
Guaj
 Guaj
(@guaj)
Posts: 916
Prominent Member
 

@alfie_shoyger

As I said: I wasn't allowed to vote.

 
Posted : July 23, 2019 6:24 pm
Guaj
 Guaj
(@guaj)
Posts: 916
Prominent Member
 

@alfie_shoyger

Posted by: @alfie_shoyger

provided they have been registered to vote at a UK address in the last 15 years.

I wasn't. 

 
Posted : July 23, 2019 6:50 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 556
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 

a TV channel is at the bottom of the ,list of enemies of people, royals dictators and clergy much much higher, Fellow man continues to be number one on all negative and positive lists out there always trying to sustain this position antagonizing Fellow man number two.

 
Posted : July 24, 2019 6:11 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 556
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 

So has this politician helped Theresa find a deal or not?

Was he among the people who never agreed on any deal she presented? Has he presented any deal that the EU would have agreed with and she said no? I don't know what happened there. 

His haircut is as weird as Trump's. 

 

BBC obviously has an opinion and an agenda. 

 

Like Boris, like Theresa like most people who want to reach a deal or not.

 
Posted : July 24, 2019 12:17 pm
Guaj
 Guaj
(@guaj)
Posts: 916
Prominent Member
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 556
Estimable Member
Topic starter
 

Boris. what a name what's the origin of this name? Boreas? 

 
Posted : July 24, 2019 3:53 pm
Page 6 / 7
Share: