Brexit for Dummies

Brexit for Dummies  

RSS
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Prominent Member

h**ps://qz.com/1134703/brexit-divorce-bill-explained-why-the-uk-needs-to-pay-the-eu-to-leave/

interesting

for some reason and for the first time i'm rather obsessed with this situation. 

i found another article from the Guardian, excellently penned that man really knew how to write. and then suddenly I remembered that it may not be liked by others so i shouldn't post a link, that the Guardian is probably pro Remainers right? and then I thought hey what if you were British and was a Remainer, how would you feel on uka? i said to myself "i would feel rather uncomfortable" 

so......

i'm sure there were remainers among ukaneers are there still? i mean here on uka. i think they should be more talkative then, perhaps they think ukauthors is full of leavers or only for leavers. and only few leavers write? maybe all the mojo is in the remainers. 

Remain. Leave. Big words. there are those who remain and those who leave. hmm

so Leavers and Remainers! ukauthors is just a writing site. am I being paranoid now that i think Brexit may have something to do with less activity on uka?

This post was modified 1 month ago 2 times by ifyouplease

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 17, 2019 11:30 pm
Gothicman
(@gothicman)

I think Richard should open up the site for new membership again, and that you, Nicoletta, being open and honest confronted with all styles of writing, should volunteer to monitor for trolls? Without new members, the site will dry up as the scratchy quills of present members, one-by-one, gradually slide off the blank page into death....oblivion.

With 3 of 18 conditions not met, Greece will not receive the next instalment of untold billions in mounting loans from the IMF, unless you sell another shipyard or airport at give-away price to the Germans....Greece with a fluctuating tourist economy should never have joined the Eurozone whose exchange rates are fixed and determined by hi-tech heavy industry where one Porsche engine earns the same in income revenue as a 100 holidaying families on condition that those exchange rates remain favourable to people on average income?

The original Common Market was beneficial to all member countries, but the expansive development of the EU since has been disasterous for all apart from those countries with small, corrupt politics, and inefficient economies, and those who needed to have control over an own floating currency...but gave up that necessary requirement...

Others might disagree.... 

This post was modified 1 month ago 3 times by Gothicman
ReplyQuote
Posted : March 18, 2019 9:52 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Prominent Member

Greece was not as financially compromised because of corruption as Spain or Italy - the big money you hear now is the aftermath of IMF loans. Greece was selected for the role. They made us take loans is that so difficult for you all to see it? We have everything. We can support ourselves. We can industrialize ourselves but it is foreign interests that every time we tried they found a way to stop us.

Then we had the fires, the earthquakes all sorts of calamities. Ex prime minister Karamanlis 2008 was threatened but you don't know all this do you? yep how are they called? oh yes "financial assassins". Papandreou was going to bring the IMF Karamanlis wouldn't because he knew that with some extra measures Greece would be fine and that OTHERS from the South were in really bad shape. He didn't promise money and Papandreou promised more money and there is no reason for austerity because "lefta yparxoun" -------> 'there is money'

Karamanlis ever since became a silent politician. He doesn't speak much anymore. 

Actually this was just a big money laundering in my opinion that had nothing to do with Greece or any country they selected. it was between the IMF and the EU. 

this simplistic view that Greece is a country responsible for the problems of the Eurozone ought to have been rejected by those who whether they are Filellines or not they are smart and use common logic.

who got all this money? just ask yourselves did we take this money or was it the EU and Germany? we do not owe anything to Germany by the way they never paid us for WWII "If the system was fair, todays Germany would delete this fake debt by just “paying back for damages during the War and for the gold stolen from Greek Banks… Actually, about the gold, nazis signed papers that they “borrowed” it! It is signed!)." from Quora.

we also sent more Gold just before entering the bloody Eurozone. we have PAID and CONTRIBUTED. 

(by the way this topic is about Brexit not the Greek Financial Crisis, or do you think they are connected?)

This post was modified 1 month ago 3 times by ifyouplease

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 18, 2019 11:17 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Prominent Member
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Prominent Member

and I cannot volunteer, all admins and moderators should be British and loyal Ukaneers. 

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 18, 2019 11:55 am
Gothicman
(@gothicman)

Well, I love Greece and I love your country and its people, many treasured memories of sunny, and culturally-rich holidays, and I would holiday there again if Greece left the EU and returned to the drachma.....you are an honorary Brit and the most loyal of all Ukaneers.....

Get Ioannis Georgiou Varoufakis back in your politics again, and Greece will be saved....you need someone with charisma...

This post was modified 1 month ago by Gothicman
ReplyQuote
Posted : March 18, 2019 12:36 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Prominent Member

Varoufakis? nope. Greece will be saved because of Varoufakis? he has a charisma?nope. I can understand why Tsipras became prime minister and why he has survived so far, he is indeed quite charismatic. No, let's continue with Tsipras. let's have fun. not the fun that you imagine. the other fun. the waiting fun.

i think that we paid in gold for this euro disaster and between eurodrachma (i doubt they would ever let us go back to drachmas) and drachmas i prefer euros. there's a reason.

Richard has my email if he thinks i can help somehow he can always ask and i may be able/capable.

This post was modified 1 month ago by ifyouplease

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 18, 2019 4:32 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Prominent Member

French president, Emmanuel Macron, told reporters as he left the summit that the EU had acted to protect its interests in response to a “vacuum” in Westminster.

“The EU in a very clear manner has today responded to a British political crisis,” he said. “The British politicians are incapable to put in place what their people have demanded. Their people voted for Brexit. 

OH LA LA OMD

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/21/mays-appeal-falls-flat-as-eu-seizes-control-of-brexit-date

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 22, 2019 2:07 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Prominent Member

Wow 

h**ps://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/israel-to-hold-referendum-on-replacing-britain-in-eu/

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 22, 2019 3:25 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Prominent Member

basically I'd like the UK to remain as it is right now, no changes. the EU should allow countries to keep their national currency the EU should not be about enforcing any rules on immigration policies, the EU ought to be primarily focused on good trade safety of the markets and production scientific research and collaboration of the European countries that could share the same currency if they wanted with others and the EU ought to regulate and keep things in order and fair among its members.

i think the EU can become more monstrous than the cruelest imperialistic empire that ever existed. it must either change or be deserted by all.

but we Europeans won't have many chances to have a central committee and organization in the future... if we Europeans fail now it's over for us I'm afraid for hundreds of years.

we must change the EU, we must learn to say no to the think tanks and unelected officials. there must be a way to vote its president. 

by leaving we help no one and we prove nothing kingdoms and empires have ended but there will always be a continent... by staying without changing the EU we do not help ourselves in the long run. or Europe. remain and fight for what's right for Europe.

This post was modified 4 weeks ago 2 times by ifyouplease

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 24, 2019 11:16 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Prominent Member
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Prominent Member
Gothicman
(@gothicman)

Parliament has now officially reneged on the British People - I fear there will be blood on the streets, rampage, pillaging, and looting, people will want to get deep-rooted anger out of their system......unfortunately! We are no longer a democracy...a sad day for a weakened Britain! We need a General Election to get rid of all the swine that betrayed us....form an official political party Nigel!

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 25, 2019 11:53 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Prominent Member

i like their style of writing, not agreeing with them more than 12.21 percent but they really know how to sell their ideas. that other article however it was good journalism, the one i already posted about the EU and its serious problems.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/mar/26/mps-likely-to-back-soft-brexit-or-second-vote-says-minister-who-quit-steve-brine

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 26, 2019 10:35 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Prominent Member

interesting

and hmm

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 29, 2019 2:20 pm
Share: