Forum

Anyone heard from J...

Notifications
Clear all

Anyone heard from Jolen?

stevef
(@stevef)
Honorable Member Moderator

Jolen's not been around for several months; has anyone been in contact with her? I sent a PM a couple of days ago but heard nothing back yet. It's worrying when people drop off the radar.

Topic starter Posted : February 5, 2021 8:48 am
stormwolf liked
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Estimable Member

I sent her birthday wishes on 3rd Jan and she replied thanking me. I understand she is not writing at present and she ls alright.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 5, 2021 11:40 am
stevef
(@stevef)

Thanks, Luigi. Pleased to hear all is well.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 5, 2021 3:31 pm
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)

I wish she would come back. I always appreciated her straight talk. She would make a great moderator and  or nib awarder.

Beg  

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 10, 2021 3:06 pm
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)

Don't worry Steve, when I drop off the radar I will announce it with great panache! 😎 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 10, 2021 3:12 pm
stevef
(@stevef)
Posted by: @stormwolf

Don't worry Steve, when I drop off the radar I will announce it with great panache! 😎 

Well, madame did mention it before I did... 🤪 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 11, 2021 9:31 am
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)

@stevef what's its ABV? Anything less than 11% is not worth drinking. 😎  🤪 🍷 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 13, 2021 12:08 pm
stevef
(@stevef)
Posted by: @stormwolf

@stevef what's its ABV? Anything less than 11% is not worth drinking. 😎  🤪 🍷 

It is if you bung a couple of these in as well. Gets the day off to a good start. 🤪 😜 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 13, 2021 12:41 pm
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)

FOLTLMAO!!! God I needed that (laugh) Laughing Out Loud Laughing Out Loud Laughing Out Loud Surprised Wink  

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 13, 2021 12:48 pm
griffonner
(@griffonner)

Good news folks - well, in some respects:  Jolen says she is still alive and kicking! She has asked me to extend to everyone her very best wishes and thanks for having concern for her.

She isn't writing, mainly because of Life's pressures and because she has not been in the best of health with severe asthma. Her doctor has given her new medicines to try, and this, on top of her diabetes and so on she says, "...it’s all been a bit much of late."

I'm pretty sure we will hear from her on UKA again in the not too distant future.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 17, 2021 7:01 pm
jolen
(@jolen)

Thank you for asking after me, everyone. I am alive and still stubborn enough to keep kicking, despite health issues and other things which lay me low far too often. 

I was very sad to hear Rick has died and extend my sincerest wishes that everyone else is healthy and safe. I didn't even know that the site was still up and so was quite surprised to hear it is back and so many great people are as well. 

Best wishes and I hope to see you all soon,

jolen 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 18, 2021 12:11 pm
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Estimable Member

I wonder how many more members believe that this site is defunct. Communication and the reintroduction of the newsletter are vital if we want to keep people's interest alive. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 19, 2021 12:40 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Trusted Member Admin

It's not defunct! I've just got other things going on at the moment and hardly any time to spare. So the site will need to totter along for a bit until things improve. The site works and members are able to use it without much trouble so... carry on!

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 19, 2021 12:45 pm
Shackleton
(@shackleton)
Eminent Member

I started singing that auld song, 'Joleen' for a crazy moment there. Then I realised you were talking about the wickedy witch herself. Good to see that she's still there or thereabouts. Good to see that most of you are also there, thereabouts, fairly close or just around the corner. And that band keeps playing on...

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 26, 2021 9:24 pm
Share: