Forum

7-63 Up on ITV (UK)
 
Notifications
Clear all

7-63 Up on ITV (UK)

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
451 Views
richard
(@richard)
Posts: 19
Honorable Member
Topic starter
 

Did anyone catch the latest instalment of this utterly fantastic and fascinating series?

"A series of documentaries following a group of 14 British children from the early 1960s, into adulthood, by catching up with them all at seven year intervals."

Neil is always the one people want to catch up with the most. He was and is still an amazingly complicated and sad story and this time around, while watching and listening to him I realised that we could be watching and listening to the story of Vincent Van Gogh!

If you are familiar with this series and the life story of Neil you will see what I mean. Apart from the lack of art/painting, you could swap Neil for Vincent and be watching a real life Van Gogh talk about his struggles and his life journey. Even to the point of Neil being part of the clergy and trying to help people as much as he can despite his own need for help.

If you know a bit about Van Gogh and you have watched Neil on 63 up you will see the parallels and note what I mean.

 

 

 
Posted : June 9, 2019 10:41 am
andrea
(@andrea)
Posts: 190
Prominent Member Admin
 

Sounds really interesting - will check it out.

 
Posted : June 9, 2019 8:54 pm
Share: