ukadmin
Trusted Member Admin

ukadmin's
Writing
October 20, 2017 8:28 pm  

Okay, the first UKA Fiction Challange:

Write a droubble containing the phrase '5th of November'

Droubble = 200 words EXACTLY *

Droubble a work of fiction written in exactly 200 words. 

Closing date = Up to and including submissions published on UKA publishing day Friday 3rd November.

Winner = picked by admin after the closing date.

* The word count is decided by the submission word counter which you'll see below the submit box and should show 200 words:

Don't add text padding like '***' or dashes --- to reach the 200-word count because that's naughty! 😉

Choose the 'fiction challenge' category when submitting:

Fiction challenge submissions can be found in the navigation bar above - Latest Published/Fiction Challenge

Good luck!

Edited: 4 weeks  ago

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
ionicus
Honorable Member

ionicus's
Writing
October 27, 2017 3:42 pm  

The word count is decided by the submission word counter which you'll see below the submit box and should show 200 words

I have written a test piece with three words and it was still accepted. Shouldn't a warning be given that it doesn't meet the criteria?

ReplyQuote
ukadmin
Trusted Member Admin

ukadmin's
Writing
October 27, 2017 5:44 pm  

No, because this is not droubbles.com so there's no way of implementing a strict word limit. Hence why you should keep an eye on the word counter in the lower left and stick rigidly to 200 words. That's the challenge 🙂

I have written a test piece with three words and it was still accepted. Shouldn't a warning be given that it doesn't meet the criteria?

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
jay12
Eminent Member

jay12's
Writing
November 17, 2017 12:33 pm  

How often will there be a new Fiction challenge? 

ReplyQuote
ukadmin
Trusted Member Admin

ukadmin's
Writing
November 17, 2017 12:43 pm  

Gonna pick the winner of the first one this weekend. then it's over to the winner to setup the next. Soz, I have been on a 4 -12 (nights) this week and have not been on-site this week.

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
jay12
Eminent Member

jay12's
Writing
November 17, 2017 1:00 pm  

No worries. I can appreciate that mate. We have to do what we have to do to make ends meet and all that. I'll keep an eye out on the forum. 

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register