New Fiction Challen...

New Fiction Challenge  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS
ellieg
(@ellieg)

New Fiction Challenge - Flash Fiction (750 words or fewer) - topic Confusion

to be submitted by 29th December - it will give us all something to do at this quiet time of the year.

Posted : December 2, 2017 4:32 pm
ellieg
(@ellieg)

as there has been little response to this challenge, I'll let it run a few more days in the hope that some people will have a bit more time after the holidays. If not, I'll hand over the baton to somebody else. II hope everyone had a good holiday season 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 29, 2017 11:58 pm
ellieg
(@ellieg)

By the way, a huge thank you to the two people who have submitted

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 29, 2017 11:59 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

I submitted a story too.

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 3, 2018 7:25 pm
ellieg
(@ellieg)

I'm really sorry Ifyouplease, I don't see it in the Fiction Challenge segment

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 3, 2018 9:09 pm
ellieg
(@ellieg)

I've just seen that it's coming up on Friday 🙂 thank you

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 3, 2018 9:13 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

you're welcome, sorry right now I do not allow comments, but you can pm me if you want or say here what you liked or what's wrong with it or whatever you feel that has to be said regarding my contribution. thanks for the challenge too! and Happy New Year.

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2018 4:45 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

I think I was wrong to not allow comments for pieces that were written for challenges so I changed the settings.

for the time being just for work that is written for poetry or flash fiction challenges. Thanks! 

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 7, 2018 9:49 am
ellieg
(@ellieg)

I know Luigi posted a story for this challenge, but I can't find it. Can anyone help please?

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 7, 2018 11:07 am
ellieg
(@ellieg)

A very happy New Year to you too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 7, 2018 2:37 pm
belcanto
(@belcanto)
Reputable Member

You could try sending Luigi a Private Message, Ellie, though the system is a bit confusing to use! 

Excellent comments on the work of the other two entrants.  You're clearly getting into the groove of setting a writing challenge and following through,  despite being the new girl around here who was given no clear instruction on how to go about it. Bravo!   

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 7, 2018 3:39 pm
ellieg
(@ellieg)

I did that bel, and it appears that he has deleted it. My thought is that it's impossible to choose a favourite between two such different stories and so it would be good to invite both Steve and IYP to submit a new challenge. After all, the more the merrier, I don't know if it works for others, but I find a focus kick starts my writing.

Thank you for your encouraging words, I wish more people responded and commented on the site though. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2018 11:52 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

This seems like the proper place to discuss openly with Steve but I think you the Original Poster, Ellie should perhaps pm him the link of this discussion, not me.

Does he want a collaboration for the new challenge? I am willing to collaborate with Steve, but if he prefers to work alone then he can set the next one and I look forward to his ideas.

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2018 4:55 pm
stevescriber
(@stevescriber)

Hello!

Collaboration: On setting the challenge, we could give that a go although we don't know much about each others likes/dislikes etc. On making a contest entry, it's not that I'm against it at all just that I write on impulse when something comes into my head and its not really a process more a scribbling down while the fit takes me 🙂

That said, let's discuss whats on everyone's mind and see where it takes us.

Thanks to Ellieg for setting the challenge, the people that put their own time into making this site work and of course Ifyouplease - congratulations once again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 9, 2018 9:48 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

hi Ukaneers, so far there has been no reply and I do not know what I should do, I would like to say that the site doesn't have the luxury of waiting for more than just a few days for a new challenge for prose or poetry, we need to be setting challenges as soon as possible, I am not one of the admins but I am one of the oldest members of UKA so there is some gravity in my observations some validity yet no authority.

I will wait for 24h if nobody appears here to set a challenge, I will.

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 11, 2018 9:22 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: