Work in progress?

Work in progress?  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

Great! Glad that most things are working for you now. I will investigate the problems with the loading of only the first 10 subs/comments in users profile. 

👍

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/10/2018 11:20 am
belcanto
(@belcanto)
Reputable Member

After reading about the problems Goth was having with moving from category to category (or being 'misdirected' in efforts to do so) and in editing, decided I needed to test these things for myself since I hadn't done anything like that when I first managed to get back on site. I've now edited two of three prior submissions with no problems at all. I cut, slashed and burned, so to speak, then re-pasted and realigned what I wanted to retain, using the font of my choice.  So I'm finding things working well to this point.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/10/2018 2:43 pm
ukadmin liked
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

Excellent! The site is now fully updated and as protected as I think I can make it. The 'are you a robot' security feature has been reinstated so I'm afraid you'll have to put up with proving you're human when you login/register!

I'm removing a  lot of stuff that we don't really use or need and rearranging things here and there. There are some google ads in the footer too and sometimes in the right column of the submissions pages so feel free to click on them to earn us a bit of ad revenue.  😉  

There are two plugins we use on UKA which might be causing conflicts with the profile, member profile, members list so be aware that clicking on a users member name to view their profile might take you back to the home page instead. I don't know why but I am trying to suss it out.

The Google ads won't show it you have adblockers set on your browser - as do I !

This post was modified 11 months ago by ukadmin

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/10/2018 3:47 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Illustrious Member

what happened to 'load more posts'? will it come back?

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/10/2018 5:22 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

You mean 'load more posts' in the member's profile page? 

It will come back when I've sussed out why it's not working. Must be a conflict with another plugin that's causing the thing to not load more than 10. 

I'm working on it.

UPDATE:

I found the reason for the profile comments and posts tab not loading more than 10:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/load-more-posts-6/

it doesn't solve our problem but at least I can stop trying to solve the issue until the plugin creator confirms there is a bug or not with the scripts.

This post was modified 11 months ago by ukadmin

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/10/2018 5:58 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Illustrious Member

okay

i have to say there are more advertisements now, find your perfect match put this gadget to create bitcoin on your cat? what was that? 

very weird ads

i do not use an ad block etc.  many years now and when a site has popup windows i simply close the browser and leave sometimes even delete cookies

no not going to spend ever again one cent for antivirus or even install free software. not after the many problems these programs bring with them.

i have windows defender and updates and my computer is nice and smooth and fast. at last. i hope the ads here won't get weirder and there is also an ad in the middle of the forum the happy something 

please solve the load more posts i want to save some of the older pieces and comments, thank you and good luck

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/10/2018 10:06 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

Are you referring to your own comments and posts or other member's? Because you can still get to all your submissions via the YOU page in the blue nave bar above.

All your submissions = HERE

All you comments (given) = HERE

please solve the load more posts i want to save some of the older pieces and comments,

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/10/2018 10:37 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Illustrious Member

oh dear, i was sure i logged out.

but here i am able to post again? without login? has something changed?

anyway referring to my own work and comments

thanks for the links.

may i ask you something just in case you know? is a router important for someone who wants to have proof about anything someone else does when he or she is using your internet connection? can you prove with the data tha maybe the router has that he or she used it in a suspicious way?

This post was modified 11 months ago by ifyouplease

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/10/2018 11:24 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

This link might give you some answers about router storage and internet history and tracking:

LINK

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/10/2018 11:32 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Illustrious Member

thank you!!!

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/10/2018 11:37 pm
Page 2 / 2