Clear all

Work in progress?  

Page 1 / 2
  RSS

Gothicman
(@gothicman)
Reputable Member
September 30, 2018 10:38 pm  

Once logged in, Richard, I can't load any more posts from my profile page, and when there, I can't return to the main home page. The roll-back doesn't seem to have included all that worked on the site at that particular date? I wasn't redirected at least, so it appears to have worked in getting rid of that. With all the hackers, those criminally fraudulent (Swedes have been swindled out of 238 billion kronor to date this year due to Internet hacking) with all the wreckers, all the sexual pervert activity, the mobbing and nastiness on social media etc., the Internet will inevitably suffer more and more censorship covering more and more areas, which will lead to its downfall....

The site appeared to be working really well, until this redirection problem suddenly appeared as a new threat to deal with.
Good luck with getting things back as they were. 
Goth

ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member
September 30, 2018 11:06 pm  

good luck, so i guess it's not ready/fixed yet, so for now i won't submit brand new and spectacular work (not that i have any such work as publishable as i want)

ReplyQuote
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin
October 1, 2018 12:58 am  

Things will be broken for a while as I work through the problems that this hack has caused. Also, because I've had to update many of the plugins and widgets they (the updates) have also caused a few bugs and errors to surface..

Things here are in a state of flux so please keep all your UKA content backed up on your local PC - submissions, comments, forum posts, media (images,audio) because things can and will be written over if I have to roll back or update again.

thanks

ReplyQuote
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin
October 1, 2018 1:21 am  

Goth; You should be able to access your submissions now and get to and from the profile.

ReplyQuote
Gothicman
(@gothicman)
Reputable Member
October 1, 2018 6:32 pm  

I logged in and went to my profile page (main site, not Forum)) and on trying to load more of my earlier posts, or even more earlier comments, the three spots started to activate, but then stopped, leaving me with the same amount of post and comments available (10 most recent). I discovered this yesterday when I tried to edit a much earlier poem, and on finally getting to it via Search on the blue bar, discovered that clicking on Edit led me nowhere either. I can go from my profile page to the main Home page again, and other headings like Latest Published and Comment Stream lead now to where they should.

Just feedback, that might help you with the mammoth task of sorting it all. 
Goth.

Just discovered clicking on Home from Forum leads me to my Profile page, and not Home! And Logging Out leads me to a blank white page, where nothing happens (although it does appear to log out).

ReplyQuote
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin
October 1, 2018 6:50 pm  
Posted by: Gothicman

I logged in and went to my profile page (main site, not Forum)) and on trying to load more of my earlier posts, or even more earlier comments, the three spots started to activate, but then stopped, leaving me with the same amount of post and comments available (10 most recent). I discovered this yesterday when I tried to edit a much earlier poem, and on finally getting to it via Search on the blue bar, discovered that clicking on Edit led me nowhere either. I can go from my profile page to the main Home page again, and other headings like Latest Published and Comment Stream lead now to where they should.

Just feedback, that might help you with the mammoth task of sorting it all. 
Goth.

Just discovered clicking on Home from Forum leads me to my Profile page, and not Home! And Logging Out leads me to a blank white page, where nothing happens (although it does appear to log out).

What browser are you using, Goth? I have found that IE and Mozilla work but Chrome produces the problems you describe.

ReplyQuote
Gothicman
(@gothicman)
Reputable Member
October 1, 2018 7:23 pm  

I'm using my Macs, with Safari browsers, Richard.
Goth 

ReplyQuote
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin
October 1, 2018 7:42 pm  

Can you access and/or edit anything that you've submitted? Are you able to add (submit) stuff? 

ReplyQuote
Gothicman
(@gothicman)
Reputable Member
October 1, 2018 7:50 pm  

When I click on edit work on a poem I've chosen, it takes me to my profile page? Still can't load up more than 10 own or other people's work or comments from profile pages. I'll try to submit an old piece that I can delete afterwards if successful.

No, clicking on Submit causes nothing to happen.

ReplyQuote
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin
October 1, 2018 7:54 pm  

Logout - Delete your cookies and all UKA history. Login again and see if that helps.

ReplyQuote
Gothicman
(@gothicman)
Reputable Member
October 2, 2018 12:45 am  

Done that. I can submit now, but still can't load more than 10 posts or 10 comments on own or other member's profile page.
Can edit pieces now too.

ReplyQuote
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin
October 2, 2018 12:50 am  

Can you at least edit your previous submissions?

Is this a new problem or one that you've always experienced here?

can you see and access (and edit) your subs via the YOUR SUBS link?

this one: 

Your Submissions

ReplyQuote
Gothicman
(@gothicman)
Reputable Member
October 2, 2018 12:52 am  

Just added that! No never been a problem before now. And I could too load more posts and comments on my profile page before.

Yes, I can access all my work on My Subs, but not on profile page, nor comments.

ReplyQuote
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin
October 2, 2018 12:56 am  

I think the problem accessing and seeing more than 10 in the profile list is a conflict with some plugins. 

I will investigate further tomorrow.

So, are ALL your submissions get-at-able by you to edit/read etc?

thanks

ReplyQuote
Gothicman
(@gothicman)
Reputable Member
October 2, 2018 12:58 am  

Okay, thanks! 02:00 a.m. here now! And you need your sleep....

Logging out works okay now.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: