Why me, Oh Lord, wh...

Why me, Oh Lord, why me?  

RSS
chrissytotoro
(@chrissytotoro)
Eminent Member

I received a notification that a new comment had been posted on my writing.

Hello from UKAuthors!
There's a new comment on your writing!
Go here to read it:

Death of a child

As comments on my work -- or so it seems -- are a tad less rare than hens teeth I think this was a little cruel and unnatural (that last bit's a joke or maybe a witticism, something not to be taken too seriously anyway.) A soul more sensitive than I might be upset by it. I would just like to know how it happened and perhaps wonder if someone who did comment on my work has got their comment scooted off to another writer or I don't know, lost the comment in the ether. 

Much thanks in anticipation of your looking in to this.

Chrissy(totoro)

Do no harm

Posted : May 26, 2018 2:41 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

I updated some plugins yesterday, and one of them was an update for the comments emailing system. There was a bug in the update which caused emails to be fired off to random members when a comment (any comment) was posted. I rolled back the site (note the big red notice bar across the top) so that the update was wiped and the site reverted to 2 am (25th) when things were working correctly.

Sorry about that but sometimes bugs happen. By the way, the bug was not mine (like it usually is!) but a bug on the part of the plugin author (wordpress plugin).

soz

#HHAP

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 26, 2018 2:47 pm
chrissytotoro
(@chrissytotoro)
Eminent Member

So quick. I am very impressed (seriously) and I am also glad that it wasn't just me.

Bugs can be stressful but midges more so.

Much thank, Diolch yn fawr iawn.

Chrissy(totoro)

Do no harm.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 26, 2018 2:52 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

I won't be so quick next week... when I'm back at work  😥 

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 26, 2018 2:59 pm