Why are replies sho...

Why are replies shown as comments?  

Page 3 / 3
  RSS
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member

I agree that we probably need new moderators and Richard and Andrea would need to deal with that. It doesn't have to be anyone who is in charge of the workshops to start it off. You've done so in the past, so it could be you or any other member who is interested. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2018 11:20 am
chrissytotoro
(@chrissytotoro)
Eminent Member

I think we're losing the original idea behind my question.

Example: Writer A writes a poem and submits it to the site.

Writer B comes along, reads it and comments, saying something like the last verse needs a little attention, perhaps it doesn't have the power of other verses. You know the sort of thing.

Writer A is informed that there has been a comment posted on their work so they scurry along (comments are rarer than hens teeth around here at the moment) to read the comment and hits the REPLY button, not making a separate comment but REPLYING to the specific comment that has been made.

At present what happens is, writer A is then informed that someone else has commented on their work. Happy that their work has received another comment writer A goes back to their piece only to find that it is not a COMMENT but just their reply to the original comment. Not only have they got  the disappointment of knowing that the work has only received one comment but the embarrassment that the work is shown to have two comments on the submissions page, so other people think that it has two comments also. 

I'm just wondering if it is beyond too difficult to differentiate between COMMENTS (What one writer says about a piece of writing) and REPLIES (What the writer  of the work says about the comment on their work). If it is too difficult, forget it, no big deal. I personally will just keep my expectations as low as they are currently.

As for setting up work shops and challenges, go for it if it is thought that that is what is required to make the site more 'interactive'. I just hope that it doesn't lower still further the amount of interaction of the people who just want to submit their work to the site without the hassle of writing to whatever rules the people who run the work shops and challenges think proper.

I will still carry on submitting work to the site in the hope that someone will give me feedback on what I've written.

Chrissy

Do no harm.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2018 7:32 pm
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member

Sorry, Chrissy, I did go way off topic. Andrea said she's looking into it so, hopefully, it can be changed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12/04/2018 9:05 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Illustrious Member

Not only have they got  the disappointment of knowing that the work has only received one comment but the embarrassment that the work is shown to have two comments on the submissions page, so other people think that it has two comments also. 

I hope they fix it, so far I have no problem with the few problems of the new site. 

posting comments replies forum replies a nice profile page our archives too from old uka available no extra reads every time we edit private messages shoutbox chat articles many stories and poems to read too most of the people are considerate and polite 

think positive!

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2018 1:02 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Illustrious Member

by the way, there were times in the distant past ukaneers had to face really serious glitches and bugs and site freezing and the page not found was sometimes there instead of uka, the temporarily unavailable, but most of the time ukauthors was trying to be back asap, 

now the site is smooth functional modern

Chrissy I hope you are not too disenchanted because of this problematic notification, other sites too show replies as comments, this doesn't happen only on uka. abctales deviantart they also show replies as comments.

i am not sure but only after years ukauthors had been showing comments only no replies to comments.

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/04/2018 1:29 am
Page 3 / 3
Share: