WABD future  

Page 5 / 5 Prev
  RSS
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Estimable Member Admin

Here's a short (7 min) vid to demonstrate how to alter a scheduled sub to a draft and vice versa, and how to find your submissions via the YOU tab in the blue nav bar above.

I know that the YOU tab is not very intuitive and people are finding it difficult to navigate their submissions. I will be creating a better 'YOU' page soon to make it more straightforward to organise your submissions and other content.

Hope this helps.

Direct link to view in full screen

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 11, 2017 10:40 am
sirat
(@sirat)
Reputable Member

Thanks both. That's all I needed to know. Problem solved.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 12, 2017 9:58 am
mikeverdi
(@mikeverdi)
Eminent Member

What the fuck is everyone going on about???  As far as I can see old and new members are posting both prose and poetry. The forums seem to be drawing comments. I'm not sure what else is required.  Except money to run and improve the site of course. There are some great writers on here, better than any other site. Lets big it up not knock it down.

Mike

"Fuck them if they can't take a joke"

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 12, 2017 2:24 pm
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Honorable Member

Hi, Mike, as you say contributors are contributing, readers are reading (not many comments though) and the forum is drawing comments.
As far as I can see there is no need for a major overhaul but there are some minor refinements that could be done within the current framework.
I would like to see picks and nominations listed by author alphabetically;

the poetry section on the front page showing 'comments/no comments' like in the prose;

access to authors' page to be able to read their work (if at all possible);

I don't think that members are trying to knock the site down but are genuinely making useful suggestion. I know that budgets are tight and time for the administration is limited but I believe some fine-tuning is achievable.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 12, 2017 4:00 pm
mikeverdi
(@mikeverdi)
Eminent Member

Agreed Luigi, however reading through the posts there was much talk of "Its all over....never be the same", and so forth. There are always things to be done, if they cost more money it's one thing, asking for more effort from the only two people that apply the time elements is quite another.  I am gradually getting my head straight, at the moment I can barely moderate myself, others must step forwards and help as they can.  This site must not fail for all our sakes. What would we do?

Mikeverdi   

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 13, 2017 7:54 am
mikeverdi
(@mikeverdi)
Eminent Member

I'll be pleased if you are correct Trevor, and I agree the new look is great. I'm just not sure that money is the only problem...big though that is. I hope the crowd funding takes off, at least that will take some pressure of the Boss and Richard.

Mike 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 13, 2017 6:21 pm
Page 5 / 5 Prev
Share: