WABD future  

Page 4 / 5 Prev Next
  RSS

ionicus
Honorable Member

ionicus's
Writing
March 19, 2017 10:39 am  

Glad to hear it. I was hoping that it would be rescued.
Thank you.

ReplyQuote
andrea
Honorable Member Admin

andrea's
Writing
March 20, 2017 9:22 pm  

Am I too old to learn new stuff? Am I hell!

Backend here I come...

ReplyQuote
ukadmin
Trusted Member Admin

ukadmin's
Writing
March 20, 2017 9:23 pm  
It's simple.... when you know how!

Posted by: andrea

Backend here I come...

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
kats
 kats

kats's
Writing
March 21, 2017 12:36 pm  

OK. Had just joined WABD and uploaded 2 new poems for publication, which appear to have been lost in the transfer process. Trying to log back in with old and new details, but don't seem able to. Could someone kindly help an 'oldie' member?

Kat (remember me?)

:^)

ReplyQuote
ukadmin
Trusted Member Admin

ukadmin's
Writing
March 21, 2017 12:53 pm  

Kat, you must already be logged in or else you couldn't post a forum message!

UKA webmaster

kats liked
ReplyQuote
ukadmin
Trusted Member Admin

ukadmin's
Writing
March 21, 2017 12:58 pm  

Also, kats, I've just looked and you have two submissions in draft and you are currently editing one so I guess that means you have successfully logged in and found your work?

Note: It also says you are online on these forums so yes, you are logged in.

NOTE: It might be best to delete your cookies and history for UKA & WABD websites as they might be causing conflicts due to the domain changes (this applies to ALL users).

UKA webmaster

kats liked
ReplyQuote
kats
 kats

kats's
Writing
March 21, 2017 1:02 pm  

Yes, I seem to have caught up with myself. Getting used to the old/new/old UKA again. Bear with me. :^)

Kim  x

ReplyQuote
savvi
Trusted Member

savvi's
Writing
March 21, 2017 2:38 pm  

I like the new UKA site it seems easy to use, like many I have struggled to embrace the WABD format, but happy to be part of anything going forward as much as I can, including MOD if needed. Whatever it takes to keep the ink flowing. Keith

kats liked
ReplyQuote
kdr
 kdr

kdr's
Writing
March 21, 2017 5:18 pm  

@ gothicman: Yes, unfortunately the world has moved on in a lot of ways and as you say, Facebook has a big draw. Factor in other outlets now like WattPad (which I've looked at and decided I couldn't get on with) and it's clear UKA (and ABCTales, which I was frankly amazed to discover is still going) have serious competition and not everyone is going to have as much reason as I have/had to carry on hovering around the periphery. Beyond everything I mentioned before, Andrea (and Richard, actually) also helped to set me on my current career trajectory. Inadvertent it may have been, but without that opportunity (and indeed, encouragement in Andrea's case) I wouldn't be where I am today - skint, starving, cold, and wishing that self-employment didn't suck so much. ;-D
But yeah, in the final analysis I could never turn my back entirely on this place because of the people and the feelings they create. You won't find that on FB or in any of the mostly superficial, bright and shiny (or shite and briny, depending on your POV) places.

kats liked
ReplyQuote
andrea
Honorable Member Admin

andrea's
Writing
March 21, 2017 8:47 pm  

Awwww, bloody hell, I've come over all weepy...

ReplyQuote
ukadmin
Trusted Member Admin

ukadmin's
Writing
March 21, 2017 8:49 pm  
Is he one of the seven dwarfs? 😉

Awwww, bloody hell, I've come over all weepy...

UKA webmaster

skytrucker liked
ReplyQuote
shywolf
Trusted Member

shywolf's
Writing
March 22, 2017 12:32 am  

Backend here I come...

Now that is spooky, Sweety.  The second line is exactly what I said to my girlfriend after coming home from the pub.  The first line is how she replied to me.  We created some wonderful memories together that night.  *sigh* 

Edited: 8 months  ago

Instead of trying to undo the biting of the old apple/I bite a new one instead/And with a toothless grin/Become a Dionysian among Christians.

ReplyQuote
amman
Reputable Member

amman's
Writing
March 22, 2017 3:12 am  

Really like the newish site.  Will start posting again.

skytrucker and kats liked
ReplyQuote
sirat
Reputable Member

sirat's
Writing
March 24, 2017 10:29 am  

I think the present format seems to be fine. But even if it isn't, I think it's important to stop making these radical changes and get back to what matters – submitting work, reading it and commenting on it. My fear is that people will begin to get bored with what comes across as navel-gazing and move off to pastures new. The nuts and bolts of the site don't really matter all that much. We need a settled period of consolidation now, no more changes please!

ReplyQuote
sirat
Reputable Member

sirat's
Writing
April 11, 2017 7:39 am  

Unless I'm pressing all the wrong buttons, which is perfectly possible, the option to continue editing your story while it's stored prior to publication seems to have disappeared. I normally use that quite a lot. I hope we're getting it back again.

Thanks.

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 5 Prev Next

Working

Please Login or Register