UKA Twitter.  

RSS
jay12
(@jay12)
Trusted Member

I've just gone to look at the UKAuthors twitter feed and when I clicked on the profile from my following pages I got this message: 

"Caution this account is temporarily restricted" 

"You are seeing this warning because there has been some unusual activity from this account. Do you still want to view it?" 

I've attached a screengrab for you. When I clicked "Yes view profile" everything appeared normal. 

You may already know but I thought I'd share it just in case. 

Posted : February 4, 2018 12:30 am
andrea
(@andrea)
Prominent Member Admin

Thanks, Jay, I imagine it just a temp glitch. Sunks looks after out Twitter feed, and if he's happy with it, I'm happy with it!

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 5, 2018 9:10 pm
belcanto
(@belcanto)
Reputable Member

Account suspended

This account has been suspended. Learn more about why Twitter suspends accounts, or return to your timeline.

Oops!  A little more than a glitch?     

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 9, 2018 8:11 pm
jay12
(@jay12)
Trusted Member

I was just going to say that it was suspended now but you've already spotted it. Given the kinds of things twitter are happy to tolerate such as the hate of the American president I can't begin to imagine why this has happened. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 11, 2018 1:42 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

Our hosting account was apparently subject to a spamming attack via the account email setup and our hosting provider thought it would be better to suspend the account rather than alert us and simply change our email account password! I couldn't sort it yesterday (when it happened) because I was on a night shift and then sleeping this morning. I emailed the hosting provider and they simply did what they should have done in the first place without disrupting our service!

I think their methods are a bit arse-about-face but there ya go!

fixed now.

Sorry for the problem.

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 13, 2018 2:28 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

Regarding our twitter account... we (me and Andrea) can't access the login because, as Andrea says above, Sunk is the account holder and I can't get in contact with his for the login details to take over.

Yes, we need to get our act together!

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 13, 2018 2:30 pm
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member

Do you have an email address to be able to contact Sunks? If not, I could email him and explain and ask him to contact you with the details? I don't like to give his email without his permission, but I'd be happy to do that, if it helps.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 13, 2018 3:16 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

Email him, Gee, and tell him I'm trying to contact him. I've not got a contact email for him, I sent a DM to the UKA twitter account which I thought he would see but got no reply.

ta

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 13, 2018 3:23 pm
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member

No problem. Just emailed him. He might be working but I'll let you know as soon as I hear from him. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 13, 2018 3:37 pm
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member

Reply from Sunks and I've pm'd you his email address

Sorry this is rushed. Feel free to pass on this email address to Richard. Im not sure if the twitter account is linked to this address or to an old one. Sadly I don't use the old address now and would need some time to access that again. That's if it's still accessible. I'm assuming he has the twitter password. So sorry about the problems. Will do what I can to help but time and work related sleeping patterns means I can't always reply straight away. 

He also put this in the email, so I don't know if that's something he needs help with

I actually visited uka recently but couldn't see my account in the archive section.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 13, 2018 4:33 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

thanks for doing that, gee.

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 13, 2018 5:28 pm
Share: