wot?

HHAP

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 4, 2018 7:40 pm
belcanto
(@belcanto)
Honorable Member

A scary looking richard wrote: wot?

Apparently you hadn't noticed, Richard, that this feature is no longer a feature of UKA's front page?

Thought members liked the idea that their work might become a weekly/monthly pick - but it seems no-one else is much interested in where it's gone, either.  So, never mind.  It had begun to take up so much space, like the comments stream, anyway, replicating most of the text- if not all - rather than providing just a link to a piece.  And you know how I've complained and complained about THAT!    😐 😏  😀  

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 9, 2018 7:09 pm
richard
(@richard)

Yes, I remove it from the frontpage in an effort to tidy things up and reduce content overload.

HHAP

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 9, 2018 8:10 pm
sweetwater
(@sweetwater)

While the subject of removing things has come up: what has become of the anthology for this year, nothing has been said ( that I have seen anyway ) and we have not voted for anything, also there is no way to nominate a favourite piece of writing. Will there be no more anthologies at all?

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 11, 2018 9:34 am
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

That's a derision for Andrea. But I don't think there will be one this year at least (2017/18). John (egriff) the main man for putting together the anths has gone AWOL and it's a HUGE task to get this sort of thing to fruition.

Andrea will explain more and provide a definitive answer when she returns off her jollies! (holiday).

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 11, 2018 10:04 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Reputable Member

AWOL can you explain what does it mean googled it, but is Egriff just 'not here' because he is Absent Without Official Leave 

is he ok alive and well?

about the anthology i hope you can find a solution to keep it but i never was a member of ukauthors for the chance to be included in anthologies. i liked the site that's all. so it's not important for me at least.

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 11, 2018 12:30 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

Griff's just not been on UKA in a few months. Think he's just drifted off like many of the other old regulars. I'm sure he's quite fine. Just doesn't visit us any more 🙁

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 11, 2018 3:46 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Reputable Member

I see. Sad indeed but Glad you think he is fine. 

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 11, 2018 6:13 pm
jay12
(@jay12)
Eminent Member

He's probably popping by without logging in. I do that often. When I do I just find a forum that often has people endlessly complaining. It saddens me that the changes a few years ago were so widely condemned and unaccepted that people just walked away. We all loved the old site and how it looked and felt but it had to change to avoid being obsolete on the modern internet. UKA is a great community, it's just civil war here sometimes IMO. It doesn't feed the muse. If UKA have to miss a years anthology that's OK. If we all wrote and published more stuff instead of complaining it would be different no doubt. No one is stepping up to replace E-griff this time around. Anyone asking about an anthology want to put in the hours he did to make it happen? I'm sure Richard and Andrea would accept all help and give plenty of credit. Roll up, roll up. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 17, 2018 11:35 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

The decision about anthologies is Andrea's. As for 'old' UKA (as in the old version and setup), we would go back to it if we could (especially Andrea) but it was and is not possible because the scripts that we used are utterly obsolete now. Not sure if it was the change to this new version of UKA that saw such unrest,or perhaps the natural course of things that people move on, grow bored/old, try other websites or simply their tastes change.

who knows!

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 18, 2018 10:21 am
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Honorable Member

The last anthology was dated 2017/2018 and was intended to encompass both years. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 18, 2018 11:27 am
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Honorable Member

Even though the list of picks has been removed from the front page it can still accessed via this link  https://ukauthors.com/picked-2/
What I'd like to know is: have the 'nibs' been discontinued? It would appear so as the last one was in October last year.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 18, 2018 11:45 am
jay12
(@jay12)
Eminent Member

As someone who rarely got nibs I hadn't noticed. 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 19, 2018 12:28 am
Share: