Site admin help plea  

RSS
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

Who knows Wordpress (backend admin)? 

We are looking for a trusted and dedicated UKA'er to volunteer their services to help fix up the site and get it active and buzzing again like the good ol' days!

Knowledge of Wordpress is a must - I'm talking about the Wordpress backend admin, plugins, themes, the guts etc.

It will need to be someone we know and trust as you will be given full back-end access to run riot!

We would like the help of one or several volunteers if we can find suitable and willing people.

contact us using the email or reply on this thread which I will subscribe to so I get notifications of replies

#HHAP

R

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 13, 2018 2:41 pm
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member

I know html and css but not Wordpress. I'm willing to learn if you can point me in the right direction. It was part of the course I was taking but all the problems with my godmother meant I couldn't go on with it. I know that won't solve your immediate problem though. Is there some way we can club together to pay someone to do that sort of work? I know it has to be a huge amount for you and Andrea to do.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2018 10:33 am
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

Gee,

Go over to Wordpress.com and get yourself a Wordpress account to play with it. OR if you have access to your own hosting account (if you have a website) you can install Wordpress via your cpanel and have a full access setup which is how we do it here in UKA. Hve a play with it and you will see it is quite easy and intuitive to pick up if you know the basics of website building (html, css) if you know any php then that would be useful but certainly not a requirement.

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2018 10:40 am
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member

Ok, went to my web host and they have a script to install it. I'm about to do that now and play around with it. No php, sorry, but I'm interested in learning that too.
Thank you for the help - off to see what I can do now. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2018 10:56 am
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

👍

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2018 10:59 am
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member

6 hours later and I haven't even got it to install on my site. I'm sorry, I'm going to keep trying but I'm completely lost here. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 14, 2018 8:55 pm
belcanto
(@belcanto)
Honorable Member

Gee, you're a wonder. So willing to take on this task.  I hope by now you have direct and private communication with Richard about this. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 16, 2018 3:48 pm
Share: