Richard, back on an...

Richard, back on and account restored!  

RSS
belcanto
(@belcanto)
Reputable Member

Received an email alert concerning a new topic for Discuss UKA ( kdr's, below) so clicked on the link to see if I could access the site. Worked perfectly as opposed to all former efforts in the recent past!  I see the comments stream has been restored too, though there must have been a rollback to achieve all this because the dates are off by a month: anything happening in September seems to have been eclipsed. I'm assuming that means some member submissions during last month were probably lost, too?  But so far, your work to get us back up and running looks good.     

This topic was modified 1 year ago by belcanto
Posted : October 1, 2018 4:41 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

Yup, rolled back to Aug 31st to remove hacking attack and restore site. Now going through the whole site looking for issues that need fixing and security that needs improving. Sorry about the loss of 1 months worth of work but the motto is ALWAYS keep backups of writing/comments/forum posts/audio and any other media uploaded to UKA - you know our history with rollbacks!

sorry

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 1, 2018 4:57 pm
andrea
(@andrea)
Prominent Member Admin

Bloody good work, Richard, well done!

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 1, 2018 9:12 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

Would have been even better 'good work' if I didn't let it happen in the first place!

UKAP is back too by the way.

Although you might all find the site a bit like fort Knox now as I'm trying to up the security and shut the buggers out!

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 1, 2018 9:17 pm
andrea
(@andrea)
Prominent Member Admin

Fort Knox is good 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 1, 2018 9:27 pm
Share: