Notifications  

RSS
belcanto
(@belcanto)
Reputable Member

A believe it or not moment:  I actually left a comment on someone's work a day or so ago! This morning  I noticed a response from the poet, but if I hadn't come back to look I would never have known. While I'm getting messages about forum threads I've subscribed to, in this case I did not receive the initial 'subscribe/confirm'  message I'd become accustomed to seeing, so was suspecting this might happen.

I really liked the way the notification set-up had been working for both forums and comments on our writing.  Is this just MY problem? Did I miss a step when I posted my comment?    

Posted : October 4, 2018 2:51 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

Most likely it's uka glitch. But check the settings on that submissions comment thread. You should have the checkbox ticked which says receive notifications to this comment and/or the checkbox that says receive notification of any new replies to this thread- or words to that effect.  The notification settings for comments are a but crap in my opinion. Not very intuitive or easy to find. 

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 4, 2018 4:02 pm
belcanto
(@belcanto)
Reputable Member

Thanks, Richard.  There is a box to receive notifications. I clicked on it, checked my mail and did receive the  'click here to receive replies' email.  As I recall, this is what we had to do for a long time: remember to click on these various boxes.  I was forever forgetting to do that!  But at some point you performed a techie miracle so that just posting a comment on a piece would trigger receipt of the 'click here to receive' thingy.  Isn't that how it still works on the forums these days?  

This post was modified 1 year ago 2 times by belcanto
ReplyQuote
Posted : October 4, 2018 5:05 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

I've just had a root around in the comments admin settings and found that there is a setting to auto send notifications to all your comments without you having to subscribe each and every time. I've switched it on now so you should start receiving replies to comments automatically without having to constantly remember to click the notify button.

hope this helps

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 4, 2018 7:46 pm
Share: