Nominated works dis...

Nominated works displayed on page.  

RSS
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Honorable Member

I was wondering if we should not have nominated works displayed on the front page of posts along with those chosen to be nibbed?

It may encourage people to read more? Just a thought. 

Posted : February 17, 2017 4:59 pm
wabdadmin
(@wabdadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

Yes, it's possible. But those doing the nibbing could just as easily nib the nominations too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 17, 2017 5:09 pm
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Honorable Member

Yes but nibbers are anonymous whereas anyone can nominate a piece. What happens if there is a discrepancy of opinion?

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 17, 2017 5:18 pm
Shackleton
(@shackleton)
Eminent Member

Remember what it says in the bible: blessed are the nibbers and nommers for they shall see God. 

I've looked up and looked down. I've even done the okey-cokey and turned around, but I still can't find where my lost youth has gone. Has anyone seen it? There's unfinished business.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 17, 2017 11:12 pm
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Noble Member

Only God knows who the nibbers are.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 18, 2017 9:24 am
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Honorable Member

Image result for laughing smileys

Yes. They seem to come and go like thieves in the night.

Also, it depends when you post. I think we should understand just one person's opinion. I have had some that have been read so many times more than others and never nibbed or nominated. Some on reposting almost ignored when nomed or nibbed before.

I don't repost for any other reason than to have new audience and fresh input but some I will never change and that's the way of it.

I find on re-reading older poems, glaring flaws stand out for me, so gives me a chance to see if I can improve it but in all poetry, it's a subjective thing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 18, 2017 3:34 pm
Share: