My IP has been bloc...

[Closed] My IP has been blocked...  

Page 2 / 5
  RSS
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Illustrious Member

in fact if the latter is the case, it doesn't have to view your IP, he/she simply reported you to your ISP and provided the links to prove your behaviour was in his/her opinion unacceptable or improper or even illegal.

I plead not ordinary

Posted : 17/07/2019 5:51 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

Whatever the case, even if someone knows your IP address they cannot block you from chosen websites... they cannot block you at all! they can only use the IP address as a search tool.

UKA webmaster

Posted : 17/07/2019 5:54 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Illustrious Member

contact your ISP Archie, most IPs are dynamic not static. 

they will know they are obliged to inform you if there was a report against you. 

I plead not ordinary

Posted : 17/07/2019 5:55 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Illustrious Member

Internet Service Providers can block you. 

Different Locations doesn't mean same ISP.

he must contact them to lift the ban.

I plead not ordinary

Posted : 17/07/2019 5:58 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Illustrious Member

take your laptop elsewhere where they have the same ISP, see what happens there, ask first what's the company they're using to access the internet. If you can view UKA same ISP different location, then it's local as I said. and only the provider can investigate or have a valid answer.

I plead not ordinary

Posted : 17/07/2019 6:02 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Honorable Member Admin
Posted by: @ifyouplease

Internet Service Providers can block you. 

Different Locations doesn't mean same ISP.

he must contact them to lift the ban.

I don't think anyone has been blocked or banned from anything, Nic. There is probably an innocent explanation.

UKA webmaster

Posted : 17/07/2019 6:03 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Illustrious Member

Probably yes. 

but it wouldn't hurt to ask if it persists the ISP which can ban you from viewing any website with or without report sometimes. (self inflicted banning can be asked! those who gamble online ask their ISP's to ban them from viewing betting sites, I have examples.)

I plead not ordinary

Posted : 17/07/2019 6:06 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Illustrious Member

if let's say my husband thinks that his wife ought to make him a sandwich instead of being online on uka again and if I always say "later I must reply/shout/comment/submit/edit/scroll up and down the front page with a blank look on my face" he can do it, ask our  ISP to ban our devices at home from viewing the site that brings such unpleasantness in his life and makes sandwiches so scarce.

(thank God I have no such problem, on the contrary... zynga poker however may be problematic in the future, now if you'll excuse me I have to make mousaka just in case! promised five or six months ago... but the tables were calling me)

I plead not ordinary

Posted : 17/07/2019 6:20 pm
Alfie_Shoyger
(@alfie_shoyger)
Reputable Member

OK, so I've deleted my cookies, cleared my DNS cache and run CCleaner and Malwarebytes.

I can't turn my router off and on again, because I don't seem to have one. I can't find the router anywhere.

Anyway, nothing I have done changes anything. I still get this message whenever I try to access UKA:

This site can’t be reached

ukauthors.com took too long to respond.

Try:

• Checking the connection
  • Checking the proxy and the firewall
  • Running Windows Network Diagnostics
ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

I really don't understand why a) anybody would feel the need to complain to my Internet Service Provider about opinions I had expressed online, or b) why an Internet Service Provider would actually act upon such a complaint and bar me from using a certain website. Unless the complainant was a higher authority such as the European Union. That wouldn't surprise me nowadays. The EUSSR attempting to silence its citizens.

Posted : 19/07/2019 12:44 pm
Gothicman
(@gothicman)
Trusted Member

Archie, if your ISP has censured you from accessing UKA, which is highly unlikely, you can try the following to resolve it:

There are many ways ISPs can block Internet traffic, with one of the most simple methods the blocking of domains at the DNS level.
This is simple to circumvent and requires users to change their client’s preferred DNS server.
If you are using a Windows PC, you can do this by following the steps below.

Navigate to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Centre, and select Change adapter settings.
Right-click your active connection adapter and select Properties.
Right-click the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) entry and select Properties.
Enable the “Use the following DNS addresses” option and enter 8.8.8.8 (or 8.8.4.4) as your chosen DNS server address.

This bypasses the ISP’s filtered DNS and uses a service called Google Public DNS.

Another option is to use a proxy website or browser extension to route web traffic through a different domain, circumventing your ISP’s domain name blocking.
Proxy websites redirect traffic through their own domain, allowing users to access any site as long as the proxy website is not blocked by the ISP.

I use the UK proxy servers supplied by Easy-Hide to access the BBC IPlayer. It costs approx. equivalent 45 euros for a year on max. 5 different computors.

This post was modified 1 month ago 3 times by Gothicman
Posted : 19/07/2019 1:08 pm
Alfie_Shoyger
(@alfie_shoyger)
Reputable Member

Tried that. No change.

Posted : 20/07/2019 9:07 am
Gothicman
(@gothicman)
Trusted Member

Try the first solution, stage for stage, on the following site; it's done in this order as you have to "run as administrator" to be able to effect changes on your computer:

How to Fix ”Err Connection Timed Out” Error

(It's hard for me to know what the words used in MS Windows are, when in English (presuming you use English) as all operating systems on my computers are in Swedish.) 

This post was modified 1 month ago by Gothicman
Posted : 20/07/2019 10:24 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Illustrious Member

how is it possible not to have a router?

is there a main router for the tenement you live in and was the internet part of your deal?

if so then the IP is probably not dynamic.

it's local. yep.

This post was modified 1 month ago 2 times by ifyouplease

I plead not ordinary

Posted : 20/07/2019 10:33 am
Gothicman
(@gothicman)
Trusted Member

@ifyouplease

If Archie has broadband via a cable outlet and is using only one computer and not using Wi-Fi, then only one RJ45 cable will go direct from wall socket to computer, and no router will be needed. If he has ADSL via telephone outlet, then he may have a cable modem with direct coupling via RJ11 cable to modem, and RJ45  cable to computer. He hasn't stipulated if he uses Wi-Fi or direct cable connection.

If, as you say, he uses a in-house centrally-based Wi-Fi, then he needs to take other measures.

This post was modified 1 month ago by Gothicman
Posted : 20/07/2019 10:41 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Illustrious Member

do you have enemies where you live? or maybe somebody not fond of Englishmen who are probably Welsh too? maybe a heartbroken girl who despite all her efforts to make you notice her she failed miserably.... or a boy.... 

time for the video me thinks the plot needs a massage!

I plead not ordinary

Posted : 20/07/2019 11:06 am
Page 2 / 5
Share: