RSS
sweetwater
(@sweetwater)

Any news on Mike?

Posted : 15/02/2018 10:23 pm
andrea
(@andrea)
Prominent Member Admin

He phoned me 2 days ago, Sue. He's feeling a lot better, thankfully, and is getting out and about again 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/02/2018 8:55 pm
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Reputable Member

That's wonderful news. I have not phoned him as did not want to intrude. 🤗 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/02/2018 11:32 am
sweetwater
(@sweetwater)

Amazing man, such happy news. Thank you Andrea.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/02/2018 9:32 am
mikeverdi
(@mikeverdi)
Eminent Member

Hello all, just called in and found this, thanks for caring. I've had a bad time since pnumoniea, really buggered me up, as I said to Andrea I'm a lot better at the moment, but as always it's "good days- bad days".

Just a little up date on what I've been up too. My family and friends have got me to compile a book of my writing, both poetry and prose. Its available on Lulu as was my last one 'We All Dream Alone. This one is called 'Bring me Dreams of Roses'.  I will try and send a link ( or get Lesley to do it HaHa!). 

Best Wishes   Mike X   

"Fuck them if they can't take a joke"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/02/2018 10:52 pm
sweetwater
(@sweetwater)

Wonderful to hear from you Mike, as uplifting and forward looking as ever. Good luck with the new book, I shall look out for it. Sue. Xxx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/03/2018 6:10 am
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Reputable Member

Just spoken to Mike.

He has ridden the wild waves of his latest challenge as only he could....

He is terminally ill and we can only pray / intend that his days left are peaceful and as comfortable as possible. His work speaks of the suffering that real people endure and in this, he is leaving a legacy for innumerable people, not least in the caring professions.

His books are  testament to the human spirit. He has taken the bad with the good with humour and bravery seldom encountered.
What better thing than to leave something so meaningful?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/03/2018 4:40 pm
pronto liked
andrea
(@andrea)
Prominent Member Admin

Well said, Storms. Mike phoned me today and sounded remarkably upbeat. He's doing as well as can be expected and I was delighted to hear from him. He's also submitted his latest piece 'Yesterdays Whispers' - so please do all go and read it...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/03/2018 9:28 pm
Share: