How-tos, Can you?  

RSS

ukadmin
Trusted Member Admin

ukadmin's
Writing
October 20, 2017 3:27 pm  

@jay12 has very kindly created a 'How-to' to help new members find their way around the site (thanks for that jay).

I want to create more how-tos but I've not got the time at the moment. I'd like to make a plea to some of the regulars to ask if they might feel inclined to also create a how-to to help UKA visitors/members.

We could do with some guides on:

How to PM

How to Submit / Edit / Delete

How to add an image to a submission.

How to add audio to a submission.

How to add a profile pic/profile image 

Any other how-to that you think might help.

Perhaps you struggled with how to do something on UKA and now you've sussed it and you could share what you've learned with others?

Would it be a good idea to add a 'how-to' category on the submission page and have a page of how-tos linked from the front page?

discuss.

Edited: 1 month  ago

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
jay12
Eminent Member

jay12's
Writing
October 23, 2017 11:33 am  

I think a "how to" category on the submit page with links to relevant submitting guidelines would be perfect to help people navigate the process. It would be relevant to help users at the point of need and avoid frustration at a point when they might get stuck with something and otherwise give up. 

ReplyQuote
belcanto
Reputable Member

belcanto's
Writing
October 24, 2017 3:18 pm  

No responses on this beyond Jay's?  After all our complaints! Don't consider myself much good on the technical explanations but will have a go if people like our more technically minded  members and monitors - where are steve and shy for instance -  don't see the importance....

I can think of those who use the site really well for posting audio and pics - storms for instance.  Should we ask for her input?  Goth  and David are others who seem to have mastered a great deal in similar respects. 

ReplyQuote
ionicus
Honorable Member

ionicus's
Writing
October 24, 2017 3:41 pm  

About a year ago (when the site was still WABD) I asked Richard if we could have a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) feature and he said "Yes, eventually I will add a FAQ page, IF and when this site supersedes UKA."

ReplyQuote
TheHubster

TheHubster's
Writing
October 24, 2017 5:12 pm  

I'd enjoy writing "How-to" guides and would love to help. However, I'm still finding my way around the site as it is. Give me a couple of weeks and I may be up for it.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register