How can i ditch the...

How can i ditch the intro when submitting?  

RSS
albermund
(@albermund)

Would like to submit poem but don't want to include an intro. Is there any way of getting rid off the intro stuff including the dividing line so that that poem would just appear uncluttered with just title, author and text. I tried to submit last Friday but on submissions page it was total failure as the full stop I'd put in as the intro (to be as inconspicuous as possible)had turned into 50 words of unformatted poem (uggh!). Tried to edit my submission but it didn't give me an option to fix the intro. Hope someone can give me a few pointers. Cheers Albert:-)
Posted : February 25, 2018 12:23 am
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

The poem you currently have in draft should work, @albermund. The three dots you've placed in the intro are still there but I've changed them to a white colour font so they will appear invisible on the white screen background. Publish your poem on the next publishing day and if it still looks wrong for you email me and I will see what can be done.

The intro is used so that there is some descriptive text to display on the latest pages. If there is no intro text then there will be nothing for visitors to read and decide to 'read more' when they look at the front page & latest published pages.

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 25, 2018 12:24 pm
albermund
(@albermund)
  • Thanks webmaster. I understand what you are saying about descriptive text on the front page but I don't want any of that. Just the title, author and whether it's a poem out not is just fine for me. I'd much rather click on a poem title and see how things go. Even if the subject is something that doesn't interest me the way that it is written may completely change my mind. These days we're always being given advance notice of what's going to happen next on tv radio etc and it drives me dippy, heh!
    Anyways how can i ensure i don't get any headers or descriptive text and better still get rid off that dividing line? I mean if i just do 3 dots out in white will that also get rid off the line and ensure that there will be no descriptive text on front page?
    Cheers Albert
ReplyQuote
Posted : February 25, 2018 1:39 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

Just remove everything apart from that dotted line with 'MORE' in the centre. Then write your poem/text below the 'MORE' line. That should do it.

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 25, 2018 1:59 pm
albermund
(@albermund)

Great, thanks a lot. A:)

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 25, 2018 2:07 pm
albermund
(@albermund)

Still having problems. Did what you said but now it won't even let me have the title i want! When i alter the title back to what it should be the line comes back again. I think because you've saved a copy things have got confused. Any chance you can just delete all versions of this poem from my file then I'll start again from scratch. Ta.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 25, 2018 2:30 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

Have a look at it now. Is it okay now?

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 25, 2018 2:41 pm
albermund
(@albermund)

Fine, Cheers 🙂