FAO Richard, re: Em...

FAO Richard, re: Email ping for work that isn't mine  

RSS
kdr
 kdr
(@kdr)

Hi Richard,

As per the thread title: I've just received a couple of emails notifying me of comments on 'my' work. The only problem being, the work isn't mine (it's a poem called 'Moving Forward' by sweetwater).
Would this be related to recent issues, and if so, is there anything for me to be concerned about, i.e. compromised passwords, etc?

Cheers.

Posted : 01/10/2018 3:17 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

No, it's just a glitch in the comment system. I too got the same email. Not sure why you would think the passwords might be compromised but, no, the error is just with the comments email notification settings.

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/10/2018 3:26 pm
kdr
 kdr
(@kdr)

Fair enough, then. Thought I'd better bring it to your attention, just in case.
As for the question re: passwords, a bit of healthy paranoia where t'Internet is concerned isn't a bad thing, but that's all it was.

Cheers for the quick reply.  👍 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/10/2018 3:30 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Honorable Member Admin

Just checked and the notification system was set to send to 350 members rather than the original author! I have deactivated that plugin now as I think it was not actually required. The main comments system has its own notification settings so I will remove the extraneous plugin and see how it goes. 

UPDATE:

Just checked the plugin creator's website and found that there was indeed a bug that crept in which sent notifications en masse! I have restarted the plugin with a fix so it should be working now.

This post was modified 11 months ago 2 times by ukadmin

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/10/2018 3:51 pm
kdr liked
Share: