donations a questio...

donations a question  

RSS
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

if i don't have a paypal account can i still donate using a credit card?

I plead not ordinary

Posted : May 21, 2018 6:30 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

(and i do not want a paypal account.)

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 21, 2018 6:31 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

I think so. If you click the link on the front page (top right - donate) there is an option to donate with a CC.

try it.

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 21, 2018 10:38 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

what is a CC?

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 22, 2018 1:31 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin
Posted by: ifyouplease

what is a CC?

Credit card  ? 

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 22, 2018 2:51 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

of course.

?

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 22, 2018 6:07 pm
belcanto
(@belcanto)
Reputable Member

ifyouplease said:

if i don't have a paypal account can i still donate using a credit card?

In my experience, no.  Unless something has changed.  Found I was forced to go through paypal in order to complete a monthly donation using a credit card.  Had to create a paypal account.  Record on UKA site is not current either.  Believe Andrea must update that manually, but paypal does send me the information each time they process my monthly donation.

It's actually very handy to have a paypal account though I didn't want one either.  I've used it for  payments to other websites and to purchase merchandise online.  Very easy and secure.  There is a cost, of course.  A small fee for each transaction.          

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 23, 2018 8:03 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

paypal is the only reason i stopped donating on and off, i used to have an account long ago but i was not satisfied at all, isn't it much easier to simply have a bank account connected with donations? what's the purpose for using solely paypal? not sure how all this works. 

Bel hi nice to see you  ? 

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 24, 2018 1:20 am
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin
Posted by: ifyouplease

paypal is the only reason i stopped donating on and off, i used to have an account long ago but i was not satisfied at all, isn't it much easier to simply have a bank account connected with donations? what's the purpose for using solely paypal? not sure how all this works. 

Bel hi nice to see you  ? 

Using PayPal for online payments is useful and a bit more secure because it's sort of a centralized payment system for your online purchases. PayPal is used by most online shopping/purchasing sites and so you don't have to keep entering and registering your credit card and/or bank details with each site you purchase from. Paypal offers a bit of insurance & assurance but they aren't perfect! 

You don't want to be giving your bank details or credit card info to any and everyone on the internet.

You can purchase prepaid (loaded with a balance) debit cards from the shops (WHSmith in UK) which are safer than using your own cards because there is only that small balance that can be used/abused if someone gets hold of the card details.

Or places like this, for instance:

Prepaid Gift Card

Just do a Google search  ? 

UKA webmaster

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 24, 2018 9:50 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Famed Member

Attica Bank is cheap enough for me to get a prepaid card, but bear in mind paypal was not working for a long time after capital control here in Greece nothing worked really and many import/export businesses were ruined. and right now we don't know what will happen in the future with many countries 

i think a more direct and secure button without paypal would be the best solution for those that want to donate even in difficult times. 

when i had a credit card and a prepaid one too years ago i had no problem to shop online whenever i needed something, after all when i shopped only a couple of euros were left. 

now my prepaid card was from the Cyprus bank they had capital control and couldn't use it anymore, see? there are problems we don't know the future, keeping it simple and direct and with instructions to make it safer is the best solution.

i will try in the future to donate.

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 24, 2018 12:41 pm
Share: