Page 9 / 9
  RSS

jolen
(@jolen)
Eminent Member
July 3, 2020 1:12 pm  

@jay12

Hello Jay,

I mostly agree with your lovely thoughts and sentiments here. Normally, I take more shit than anyone should and I have for many years, but the thing is that while I can feel sorry for someone's plight and the horrors they have faced or still face, I can only forgive continued attacks on myself and those people and things I care about for so long.

When Alfie was here as MacJoyce, I stood up for him several times. He became more and more aggressive and confrontational toward others while playing the victim. I cannot and did not respect him for that, and along with the latest bullshit only make me pity him when I can be bothered to think of him at all.

Lots of people have struggles, myself included, but at some point, you get help and you try to work to get passed it, imo. Narcissism doesn't give us the right to infringe on the lives of others. Petulance and acrimony are not a license to attack others. If you have a beef, fair enough, take it up with the person/s involved. There's no need to drag everyone into it over and over again. 

So, while I applaud you for your enlightenment and I truly mean that hon, I don't always share it, nor am I often able to achieve it. I'm at the point in my life where I am watching the world fall apart quite literally and illness, climate and greed are out of control. I weep for our world and I am angry that others care so much more for money and power than they do their fellow humans. While it may seem as though I am being hypocritical and maybe I am, in light of these happenings in the world, Alfie's feelings being hurt doesn't even register on my 'give a flying fuck' scale. What does, is that he continues to try and harm others rather than just suck it the fuck up and move on with whatever pursuits his self-acclaimed great talent can afford him.  

I apologize for not being here much this week, I have been quite ill and still am not fully recovered. I'm back to bed after posting this, but I hope everyone is safe and well and I look forward to the new place Richard has so graciously agreed to give us. 

Take care,

jolen

ReplyQuote
jolen
(@jolen)
Eminent Member
July 3, 2020 1:19 pm  

@franciman

Just so, Jim. I am glad so many of the good eggs are still around. 

Best Wishes,

jolen

ReplyQuote
griffonner
(@griffonner)
July 3, 2020 1:43 pm  

@jolen

I hope you are feeling better soon. Sending positive thoughts for your swift recovery.

x

jolen liked
ReplyQuote
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member
July 3, 2020 1:58 pm  

Most, if not all, of the people here have, at least once, had a disagreement. They deal with it and move on, and that's how it should be. In Alfie's case, he seems to feel unable to let things go and the fallout from that has caused a tremendous amount of disruption for the whole site. I'm not saying this to cast blame at Alfie because I don't feel I know (nor do I want to know) the full circumstances of how this all began. However, any grievance should, in my opinion, just be between those people involved, something settled over PM, preferably. Not just other people but other sites have been brought into this and that's not ok. This situation has brought this site to the brink of closure and that's something none of the people here want to happen. 

All I want to do is read and write and have some light-hearted discussion and that can't happen under these conditions. I have nothing against Alfie - I don't even believe we've spoken here at all - so I have nothing to forgive. I just want some peace to enjoy a site I've loved for many years and I'm sure others here feel the same.  

Elfstone, jolen, coolhermit and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
coolhermit
(@coolhermit)
July 3, 2020 2:04 pm  

@gee Amen sister.  Preach! 😀 

gee and jolen liked
ReplyQuote
Elfstone
(@elfstone)
Eminent Member
July 3, 2020 3:24 pm  

@ukadmin    That sounds excellent Richard! 😊 Thank you so much for still taking an interest and for setting that up for us. 

gee liked
ReplyQuote
Gothicman
(@gothicman)
Reputable Member
July 3, 2020 3:24 pm  

Yeh, time to move on. Due to this unprecedented pandemic in modern times affecting all and everybody, I've just been involved contributing for the last time in working life, albeit voluntarily, and am not from now on, you'll be pleased to know, going to get involved with any more altercations with extraordinarily talented but volatile literary types, mainly because, if I can't physically grab hold of them and stuff them in a wheely-bin, they usually win! 😎 

No life's too short, peace and kindness are the two new watchwords from this ageing soul.

If when starting a forum-based site from a 'clean sheet' Richard means that we all start from scratch, then I'm going to try to use this newly-won freedom from time-consuming activities to ascend in my writing from the level of novice to half-decent. That's the third watchword, hope, or should that be misplaced optimism! 😊 

Seriously, wishing you, Jolen, a speedy recovery too!

Trevor

This post was modified 1 month ago 2 times by Gothicman

gee liked
ReplyQuote
Elfstone
(@elfstone)
Eminent Member
July 3, 2020 3:26 pm  
Posted by: @ukadmin

Thank you all for creating this thread and for all your super kind comments. They are very much appreciated.

After the site closes, I will create a FORUM based website so that you can all maintain contact etc. It will be monitored closely. Perhaps we can get some trustworthy moderators to police & to keep them free from aggro?

So from 6th July UKA will be a forum based website for the foreseeable future.

It might take a bit of time to setup and it might be setup on a subdomain (eg - forum.ukauthors.com). I'd like to set it up on a 'clean slate' so to speak.

None of you will lose contact with anyone else on UKA.

We'll take it from there and see how it goes.

I'm not sure if the webmaster@ukauthors.com email is working properly so if you want to get in contact with me in might be best to use my Gmail email:

redirect7 [at] gmail.com

thanks

Richard

@ukadmin    That sounds excellent Richard! 😊 Thank you so much for still taking an interest and for setting that up for us. 

ReplyQuote
jay12
(@jay12)
Eminent Member
July 3, 2020 3:55 pm  

@jolen Having read his post on Poetry Circle and that post I had previously missed on ABC Tales, it may seem impossible for some to forgive Gammon. But we should all do it and refuse him any head space, no matter how small. We should end all conversations about him and let him fade away. It seems odd that for someone who hates UKA and the users here so much he doesn't half go on about us a lot. We're all already living rent free in his head and now we simply don't have to do anything else. The troll in Gammon will hate the silence if we stop the chat about his behaviour and he will move on to pastures new. 

And you can bet he is still reading all of these posts even now, without any doubt, and loving it! Let's try and make today the last day we speak here of Gammon. My original comment I stand by, I hope he finds his happiness, because he really needs to. His behaviour seems to escalate more and more with each site he stomps through and I fear what he may do to himself as a result. Very sad but not of my making, I cannot do anything to help him, so its not my concern. 

gee and franciman liked
ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 9
Share: