Page 8 / 9
  RSS

gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member
July 2, 2020 11:34 am  

@ionicus
No problem. It's new so I wasn't sure it would be suitable for all users. I'll have a look around and see if there's an alternative. 
The only thing I've found so far is something called Slack but I didn't like that when I used it.
Teams doesn't just allow people to chat. You can post work there for people to read. There are things I'm not completely happy about though and I have your details so, if something else can be sorted out, I'll let you know.

ReplyQuote
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin
July 2, 2020 12:25 pm  

Thank you all for creating this thread and for all your super kind comments. They are very much appreciated.

After the site closes, I will create a FORUM based website so that you can all maintain contact etc. It will be monitored closely. Perhaps we can get some trustworthy moderators to police & to keep them free from aggro?

So from 6th July UKA will be a forum based website for the foreseeable future.

It might take a bit of time to setup and it might be setup on a subdomain (eg - forum.ukauthors.com). I'd like to set it up on a 'clean slate' so to speak.

None of you will lose contact with anyone else on UKA.

We'll take it from there and see how it goes.

I'm not sure if the webmaster@ukauthors.com email is working properly so if you want to get in contact with me in might be best to use my Gmail email:

redirect7 [at] gmail.com

thanks

Richard

ruadh, jolen, Elfstone and 5 people liked
ReplyQuote
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member
July 2, 2020 12:35 pm  

@ukadmin

Thank you so much. That's wonderful.

ruadh, Elfstone, griffonner and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Honorable Member
July 2, 2020 1:01 pm  

That is simply wonderful Richard. Thank you so much. Thanks to Gee too for all her work. 👍 😇 🖐️ 

Elfstone, jay12, gee and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member
July 2, 2020 1:03 pm  

@stormwolf

Whatever I put together, it was never going to be as good as this forum. I'm so happy we'll still have it. 😊 

ReplyQuote
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Honorable Member
July 2, 2020 1:05 pm  

@gee 😍 😍 😍 

jolen, griffonner and gee liked
ReplyQuote
coolhermit
(@coolhermit)
July 2, 2020 1:06 pm  

Lovely jubbly  🙂

jolen, Elfstone, gee and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
franciman
(@franciman)
July 2, 2020 1:59 pm  

I'm so pleased you are able to do this, Richard.  Large oaks from small acorns, though maybe we should aim for small oaks?  Thank you... I would be happy to help moderate, and stimulate discussion on the broad subject of writing and Writers.

Cheers,

Jim

Elfstone, gee, griffonner and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
jay12
(@jay12)
Eminent Member
July 2, 2020 2:38 pm  

@jolen I've read that post on PoetryCircle and its not very nice. I do feel upset with and sorry for Gammon all at once. Clearly he is looking for respect, love and acceptance in the world. I know he has had his issues with drugs and homelessness and I also know he has a lot of opinions I disagree with too. But what has happened, has happened. I personally hope he finds the thing he is looking for and finds his happiness because life is far too short, its just a shame that the journey he is taking to find it is so divisive and destructive. I think its best for everyone involved with him, on what ever level, should draw a line under the matter and start to look forward. I'm not a religious person but I do believe in forgiveness. You can set yourself free with it and maybe set another soul free too. 

I'm still sad that UKA is drawing to a close and I truly wish everyone involved here all the best and already dream of a time when it returns. 

"You don't know what you've got 'til you lose it"

Elfstone, jolen, griffonner and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member
July 2, 2020 3:05 pm  

@jay12

"So from 6th July UKA will be a forum based website for the foreseeable future."

Richard posted that today so there will still be something here for us to post on. 

ReplyQuote
jay12
(@jay12)
Eminent Member
July 2, 2020 3:41 pm  

@gee Cheers Gee. I did see your email earlier too. Its great that the forum is happening. Thank you Richard! 

ReplyQuote
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member
July 2, 2020 3:54 pm  

@jay12

You're welcome. Yes, it's great news. Really made my day when I saw it. 😊 

ReplyQuote
Gothicman
(@gothicman)
Reputable Member
July 2, 2020 4:00 pm  

@ukadmin

Wishing you luck with a forum-based, writer-adapted, site then Richard!

Easy use might well appeal to new members of all persuasions. I think Jim would make a good moderator as not moved to use the 'like' button makes him a neutral forgiving person, one at least I can respect and trust?

I shall miss the techie challenge to experiment with presentation afforded here  but a simpler forum-based site keeping old members in touch, and hopefully submitting work is a much appreciated start.

Thanks gee, for a brave attempt to find an alternative!

Trevor

Elfstone, jolen, griffonner and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member
July 2, 2020 4:05 pm  

@gothicman
I appreciate the trust the members here put in me to try out something new. I was honestly touched and it shows how much this place means to everyone. Thank you for your kind words, Trevor, and I agree with your comments about Jim. 

ReplyQuote
franciman
(@franciman)
July 3, 2020 9:32 am  

I can readily agree with the suggestion that we draw a line under the Alfie Shoyger saga.  As to forgiveness, that is for each individual to consider.  He will only be a problem to us if we let him.  Fellow writers outwith UKA have been treated to the Alfie 'Diatribe'.  Like Jolen, I too was sent a copy link by Alfie.  Reaction generally has not been favourable for him.  The story rambles and stutters.  Our fellows recognise the language and tone and it has not served him well.  Easy to feel some sympathy I agree, but forgiveness?  Tomorrow is another day though.

Cheers,

Jim

gee, Elfstone, ukadmin and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 9
Share: