Closing UKA - Thanks for past times!  

Page 7 / 9
  RSS

gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member
July 1, 2020 7:46 pm  

@griffonner - I'll send you an invitation now and we'll see how it goes. The idea is that everyone gets their own channel, which is kind of their personal page. They can drag files on there or put them in the general channel. I'm still looking around to see what we can do there. 

@stevef - my daughter said you don't have to have Office. I'll email you an invitation too and it should take you to a link where you can download the app for Teams. Again, we'll see what happens. This is all new to me and it might not be suitable for us, but it's worth a try. 

ReplyQuote
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member
July 1, 2020 8:16 pm  

A brief explanation about Teams. Don't worry too much about it. We can work it out together as we go along.

ReplyQuote
stevef
(@stevef)
Illustrious Member
July 1, 2020 8:23 pm  

Thanks, Gee. It wouldn't run initially because it couldn't find the app protocol but I started again and it seems to have done the trick. I'll check out your pdf link and get familiar with the functions.

griffonner and gee liked
ReplyQuote
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member
July 1, 2020 8:33 pm  

@stevef

I had the same problem when I first started on there. There's a DM feature on there too and, if you click on the people (two little figures together next to the word Team at the side) you can see who is online now. I'm listed on there and you are too. I'm off to do dishes now but I'll send invitations out to everyone once I get back.

ReplyQuote
griffonner
(@griffonner)
July 1, 2020 9:08 pm  

@gee  Thanks.  As you will see I have messaged you on there.  What I am trying to establish is how to join the group from the Team Program I downloaded for Linux.   🙂

ReplyQuote
griffonner
(@griffonner)
July 1, 2020 9:35 pm  

@gee   Have now worked it out.  I guess it is probably time for good night.  Will play some more tomorrow. 🙂

gee liked
ReplyQuote
franciman
(@franciman)
July 2, 2020 8:19 am  

Would it be possible to keep the site open in a reduced state initially? I'm driven to ask by the same impulses that push most of us to express remorse and sadness at UKA'S passing.. I'm also a little stiff necked, and hate seeing the crowing victory of one stunted individual. When we askéd for people to come forward and help run the site a short time ago, I believed us to still be in the hands of Alfie. I did not volunteer, which says as much about me perhaps, as it did about him.
Maybe it is regrettably, too late. I would help run any revival of our group, though the technical part of Richard's work would need to be covered by someone more technically gifted than me. We could start simply as a shared interest group with low key submissions and maybe a limited forum for writers,writing process, and mutual support. What do people think?

ruadh and griffonner liked
ReplyQuote
coolhermit
(@coolhermit)
July 2, 2020 8:26 am  

I am become a vagabond on the threshold - downloaded the app but now stymied by my  'work school microsoft account' question - someone will doubtless nudge me in the right direction  😀 

ReplyQuote
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member
July 2, 2020 8:45 am  

@coolhermit I've set it up as an organisation so you would choose work. Any problems, let me know. I'll be around most of the day.

ReplyQuote
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Noble Member
July 2, 2020 9:32 am  

@gee
first problem: I am not conversant with this so I don't know what to do when given the choice 'download the Windows app' or 'use the web app instead'. Advice please. Thanks.

ReplyQuote
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member
July 2, 2020 9:38 am  

@ionicus

The Windows app will allow you more access - you can join meetings and make calls. The web app opens in your browser and it's faster. 
Also, you might be asked if you want to use a work or school account. The choice then would be work. 

Any problems, I'm on email, here and on Teams all morning. 

Don't worry. We're all learning this for the first time. We'll sort it out together.

stormwolf liked
ReplyQuote
griffonner
(@griffonner)
July 2, 2020 9:41 am  

@ionicus

Good morning Luigi.  I gather gee has spoken with you, but just to let you know I'm around if you need any help.  Allen

gee liked
ReplyQuote
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Honorable Member
July 2, 2020 10:33 am  

I am a total eejit as far as technology goes....I am trying to summon what few neurones are left in a valiant effort to concentrate ma brain to at least get on and get started.

🤯 If all fails I think my son can be bribed with a couple of cans.
Watch oot...here I come lol 🙃  

griffonner, stevef, coolhermit and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member
July 2, 2020 10:37 am  

@stormwolf

Just take your time. Griffonner is around too and he's very knowledgeable and helpful. Don't worry. We'll work it out.

ReplyQuote
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Noble Member
July 2, 2020 11:32 am  

@gee

Managed to download after several attempts. I signed in Microsoft Team with my email address and password. I was presented with a window asking permission to test but saying 'This resource is not shared by Microsoft'. It seems that my data would be accessed by the test organisation, If I cancel I'm told 'No action needed you may close the window'. I do that and 'we couldn't retrieve your invitation yet - try again.' No alternative but to sign out. Which I did.
Sorry folk, too much hassle. If the only purpose is to keep in touch by Direct Messages I use Messenger or Twitter. I may be missing something but I wouldn't want to give up my privacy. I'd like to  people'e experience of how they manage.

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 9
Share: