Notifications
Clear all

Closing UKA - Thanks for past times!  

Page 6 / 9
  RSS

coolhermit
(@coolhermit)
July 1, 2020 9:29 am  

@sweetwater my email adress is Coolhermit@hotmail.com or my facebook - Rick Summat  - you will, I promise, love my latest pome about my 'covid?' brush with etenity - it has made grown men cry. 😎 

ReplyQuote
Elfstone
(@elfstone)
Eminent Member
July 1, 2020 10:04 am  

@gee – I have sent you my information. Thanks for doing this; it will be good to keep in touch with long-standing members. 🙂  Who knows, there may be a Phoenix waiting round the bend somewhere… 🤔 

@jolen – I started to read the content of the link you gave… and gave up. 😝  It reads as from a petulant 16-year-old! 

ruadh liked
ReplyQuote
Elfstone
(@elfstone)
Eminent Member
July 1, 2020 10:05 am  

Why on earth has my previous post appeared 4 times?!! 🤗  And how do I delete 3 of them? I can't see a delete function.  Oh well…

This post was modified 1 month ago by Elfstone

ReplyQuote
Elfstone
(@elfstone)
Eminent Member
July 1, 2020 10:06 am  

@gee – I have sent you my information. Thanks for doing this; it will be good to keep in touch with long-standing members. 🙂  Who knows, there may be a Phoenix waiting round the bend somewhere… 🤔 

@jolen – I started to read the content of the link you gave… and gave up. 😝  It reads as from a petulant 16-year-old! 

ReplyQuote
Elfstone
(@elfstone)
Eminent Member
July 1, 2020 10:07 am  

gee liked
ReplyQuote
jolen
(@jolen)
Eminent Member
July 1, 2020 12:22 pm  

@elfstone

Hi,

I hope this finds you well. Yes, the little bit I read reminded me of Trump, extremely narcissistic and childish. 

Stay safe,

Jolen 

Elfstone liked
ReplyQuote
sweetwater
(@sweetwater)
July 1, 2020 1:20 pm  

@coolhermit

Thank you, I look forward to reading it. My email is sueofwitley@aol.com  should you ever want or need it. 🙂

ReplyQuote
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member
July 1, 2020 2:24 pm  

Thanks to everyone who sent me their information. I've had some lovely messages that remind me of how wonderful this forum has been and how kind the people are here. I'm catching up today so, if you haven't heard from me yet, you will by the end to the day.

I've been thinking of a way for all of us to keep in touch together and I've had a suggestion from my daughter that we could use Microsoft Teams software. It would run something like a forum with us being able to send private messages or post to the whole group. Work could be shared on there as a file that people could click on to read and it would be private with no interference from uninvited people. I'm getting a proper demonstration from her later to see if it would be suitable for us. 

stormwolf and ruadh liked
ReplyQuote
stevef
(@stevef)
Illustrious Member
July 1, 2020 2:37 pm  

You're a star, Gee! And everyone else, of course. 😊 

Elfstone and gee liked
ReplyQuote
griffonner
(@griffonner)
July 1, 2020 3:03 pm  

@Gee

What a great idea... and even lovelier because I just discovered there's s version for Linux OS (which I use on my desktop.) 🙂 

Next step?

This post was modified 1 month ago by griffonner

ReplyQuote
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Honorable Member
July 1, 2020 4:55 pm  

Hurray! It's in times like these we see just how much we all hold dear. 🙁 
Perhaps this will be a re-set and something may rise from the ruins. I would love to think so.

Going over my archived work is bittersweet. So many happy memories, lots of laughs and camaraderie.
There's too much genuine affection on so many fronts to let it all go down the pan. 😪

I owe Ukauthors such a lot. I have many friends I have met and some not yet met but hope to in the future and many I think on fondly through their poems.

ReplyQuote
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Honorable Member
July 1, 2020 4:59 pm  

@elfstone Ive just done the same eeekkk

Elfstone liked
ReplyQuote
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member
July 1, 2020 5:38 pm  

@griffonner

I'm just getting it set up now. Once that's done, it would be good to have a couple of people who would try it out? That might not be until tomorrow though.

ReplyQuote
griffonner
(@griffonner)
July 1, 2020 6:14 pm  

@Gee

I've just installed the Linux version, so if you want to try out things, send me some log-in details and we should be a-w-a-y.  🙂     (as and when)

ReplyQuote
stevef
(@stevef)
Illustrious Member
July 1, 2020 7:01 pm  

Oh, it looks like Microsoft Teams requires Microsoft 365 as a platform. I'm running Office 2003 on my desktop and Office 2007 on my ancient laptop.  Anyone else not got it?

There are free alternatives but I don't know anything about this sort of thing. 

https://www.timecamp.com/blog/2018/09/alternative-to-microsoft-teams/

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 9
Share: