Page 4 / 9
  RSS

gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member
June 29, 2020 10:35 pm  

@stevef
I'd be happy to do that, if people were ok with it, but I wouldn't give out email addresses to anyone who asked.

I would take a list of the UKA names with real names and email addresses and give out my email address to each person listed. Then, if someone asked me for an email address (for example, if Jolen wanted Trevor's email) I would email Trevor, let him know of the request and give him Jolen's email. If I got no reply or the person asked me not to give it out, that would be the end of it. 

Elfstone liked
ReplyQuote
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Noble Member
June 29, 2020 10:42 pm  

@gee

I am ok with that, Gee. Thanks.
Luigi

gee liked
ReplyQuote
griffonner
(@griffonner)
June 29, 2020 10:46 pm  

Sounds good to me, too.

Griffonner

ReplyQuote
stevef
(@stevef)
Illustrious Member
June 29, 2020 10:59 pm  

Thanks, Gee, that's very kind of you. It would have been a shame to lose contact with so many nice people. 😉 We've got a few days to get it rolling.

Elfstone and gee liked
ReplyQuote
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member
June 30, 2020 12:33 am  

@ionicus @griffonner @stevef

Thank you. If you want to message me the details - UKA name, real name and email, I'll email you from my primary email address to let you know I have you listed. 
Anyone else who wants to be involved, please do the same. 

Elfstone, ruadh and jolen liked
ReplyQuote
coolhermit
(@coolhermit)
June 30, 2020 5:23 am  

(please excuse any duplication of my message - I've tried to delete the excess )

Griff, with whom I maintain contact (mostly sharing/comparing our aches and pains ha ha 😀) told me of this thread.

I am very sad at the demise of UKA - being a reclusive type I had no idea of what was transpiring - I found this site invaluable - I'd post my stuff then see it through others' eyes and set about trying to make it half-decent. It was not so much a social site for me - more about reading others' work and a quiet appreciation.

It is such a shame that matters reached this state of affairs. I think I might have emailed Gee with my email address  - Coolhermit at hotmail dot com is the one I use for me poetickal interractions and I'm happy to hear from any of goodwill.  

Rick

I have a facebook presence Rick Summat

This post was modified 1 month ago by coolhermit

Elfstone and gee liked
ReplyQuote
jolen
(@jolen)
Eminent Member
June 30, 2020 9:07 am  

@gee 

I think that's a great idea and was thinking exactly the same thing with regards to putting people in touch with one another. I'm happy to help if needed and hope that we do keep in touch. I have so much respect and so many fond memories of most of the people from here. I will always appreciate them and the chance this site provided me for so long. So, again, my deepest gratitude to Richard and Andrea and so many really wonderful people. 

Elfstone and gee liked
ReplyQuote
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member
June 30, 2020 9:43 am  

@ionicus @griffonner @stevef

Thank you for the messages. I've saved all the details and I'm going to message everyone else on this thread explaining what we intend to do and asking if they want to be added to it. I'm then going to email everyone back from my email address with the Subject line UKA Details List and add all your emails to my safe senders list, just to make sure there's no problem. 

@coolhermit

Rick, I've added you to the list too and I got your message. I did mean to message you on facebook to make sure you knew about this too. 

Any problems, anyone to be added, message me here or you're all welcome to give out my email to UKA members who want to be added. I know we don't have a lot of time now, so I'm trying to get this sorted out quickly. 

Elfstone liked
ReplyQuote
coolhermit
(@coolhermit)
June 30, 2020 9:47 am  

@gee  guess what? I just worked out who you are  🙂 I may be slow but I'm also stupid  🙂  Rick

ReplyQuote
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member
June 30, 2020 9:52 am  

@coolhermit

Rick, that's hilarious. I thought you knew from the time we first started to talk!

ReplyQuote
coolhermit
(@coolhermit)
June 30, 2020 10:06 am  

@gee nah - I'm discreet and bloody thick it seems 🙂

gee liked
ReplyQuote
gee
 gee
(@gee)
Eminent Member
June 30, 2020 10:11 am  

@coolhermit

I like that I'm apparently a woman of mystery. 😉 

ReplyQuote
coolhermit
(@coolhermit)
June 30, 2020 10:16 am  

@gee ah - 'a woman of mystery' you are that.  I have no memory for faces - can talk all evening to someone and next day not recognise them - seems that applies to some friendships here too 🙂

gee liked
ReplyQuote
Gothicman
(@gothicman)
Reputable Member
June 30, 2020 11:05 am  

Sent my contact details to gee's UKA alma mater list too!

gee liked
ReplyQuote
coolhermit
(@coolhermit)
June 30, 2020 11:14 am  

@gothicman great, Trevor  🙂 we need not rot - we can recover  🙂

gee liked
ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 9
Share: