Amendments to comme...

Amendments to comments.  

RSS
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Honorable Member

I hope that if we edit a comment we make, it will not be like the last place where the author receives every edited comment as an email. If so, Sue will be on the receiving end of about thirty today as I tried again and again and again to add a pic to my comment. EEEkk

BTW any sign of smileys for here and the comments? I know many do not care for them but I love them. hehe

Posted : January 2, 2017 11:20 am
wabdadmin
(@wabdadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

Not sure you can add pics to comments, Storm. As for smileys; they are available both here and in comments but there is no smiley button/icon/menu as such to choose and embed the smiley. You just use the raw keyboard text and it converts upon submission.

like this:

icon | text (remove the spaces to get smiley) icon | text (remove the spaces to get smiley) icon | text (remove the spaces to get smiley)
smile   use this> : ) 🙂 use this> :- ) lol use this> :l ol:
biggrin : D 😀 :- D redface : oops:
sad : ( 🙁 :- ( cry :c ry:
surprised : o 😮 :- o evil :e vil:
eek 8 O 😯 8- O twisted :tw isted:
confused : ? 😕 :- ? rolleyes :ro ll:
cool 8 ) 😎 8- ) exclaim : ! :
mad : x 😡 :- x question : ?:
razz : P 😛 :- P idea :id ea:
neutral : | 😐 :- | arrow :arr ow:
wink ; ) 😉 ;- ) mrgreen :mrg reen:
ReplyQuote
Posted : January 2, 2017 3:41 pm
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Honorable Member

Hurray! I will copy and use. Many thanks. As for the pic. I stumbled upon a way lol but may not remember how I did it.  rolleyes

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 2, 2017 4:00 pm
wabdadmin
(@wabdadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

Also, there is an addon for the comments plugin for proper emoticon integration. it's $20 so we could do with a few more donations (hint, hint) 😉 . I don't mind paying but I have the hosting to pay in Feb and I also paid for an extra addon for the forums the other day, to allow for youtube and media embeds. And Domain renewals are imminent! 😮

NB: The forum (this one) will also be getting proper emoticon integration once the developers have released their smiley addon in the coming months.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 2, 2017 4:30 pm
Share: