10 posts is a shop with no stock!  

Page 1 / 2 Next
  RSS
Gothicman
(@gothicman)

The ability to simply see all the previous posts (and comments), not just the last ten, on one's own or on anyone else's, profile page is really essential to the functioning of the site. It seems such a simple and essential function for nearly all websites, and it's strange that Wordpress, with all its clever members can't resolve this plug-in failure.
It doesn't work on Safari, Internet Explorer, or Chrome as far as I can see.

Can another list system be used instead? Without this function, the site is only operating at 50%, and is far less attractive as a lot of wonderful poetry and short stories remain hidden and inaccessible to us, visitors, and the casual reader, that is, unless you can remember the writing's name and do a search using the front page search box. If you're a member, and you log in you can find just your own previous writings before the last ten, but you can't find the older writings of other contributors.

Any luck in resolving this problem using the Wordpress forum, Richard?

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2018 9:07 pm ifyouplease liked
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Honorable Member

a temporary solution: inactive Posts 

activate some sort of Current Archive. maybe if you try to make the script obey to a command this will unglitch it. 

not a techie but that's what i would do- i would check to see how the script responds to a command if it does respond if it does include the entire work of a member all you have to do is use what it can do for now.

trying to solve what an upgraded widget (it is called widget right? right?)  has ruined? work is still available isnt it? command it to appear. deactivate the widget first. does the rest of the script behave normally? etc etc. 

everything is possible my father used to say, there is only one thing that is impossible to make a hairless man hairy. 😎 

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2018 11:06 pm
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Prominent Member

Forgive my intrusion but I am a bit confused at what the issue is. I have tried my own profile and Gothicman's and have been able to see more than ten postings and comments. At the bottom of each page I have a button which says "load more posts" which takes me to the next list and so on. I wonder if it has something to do with the browser. I use Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 1, 2018 10:23 am ifyouplease liked
Gothicman
(@gothicman)

No intrusion, Luigi, that is interesting news. I wonder if this plugin only works on MS Edge, or if it is working for others on the browsers I mentioned too? T'would be a shame if UKA were to only work on only one OS system. Perhaps Richard can enlighten us on this development?

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 1, 2018 11:38 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Honorable Member

Chrome or Firefox here, both do not load but i will now check Internet Explorer do they call it Microsoft Edge now? not windows 10. earlier version. 

checked, doesnt load. so its Microsoft Edge the only browser but its for Windows 10

ok

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 1, 2018 12:38 pm
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Prominent Member

I have tried Internet Explorer and it seems to work for me. When I click the blue 'load more comments' button I get this link:
https://ukauthors.com/user/ionicus/?profiletab=comments# Can someone try it to see what they get?
I could be that it works for me because I have BOTH IE and Microsoft Edge. Also have you the latest IE's version? Just a thought. 
Maybe Richard could explore the reason why it doesn't work on different apps.

This post was modified 2 weeks  ago 2 times by ionicus
ReplyQuote
Posted : November 1, 2018 5:31 pm
Gothicman
(@gothicman)

Tried to leave a reply and got:

403 Forbidden

A potentially unsafe operation has been detected in your request to this site.?

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 1, 2018 7:13 pm
Gothicman
(@gothicman)

It would seem after checking the four main causes to the error message (if I include it on here, I get booted out by Wordpress) the one that appears to be the problem is a badly worded javascript. (Hope this isn't censured!)

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 1, 2018 7:25 pm
Gothicman
(@gothicman)

If I use your link Luigi, using gothicman instead:

https://ukauthors.com/user/gothicman/?profiletab=comments#

I get to my profile page comments list, but clicking the blue 'more comments' or 'more posts' box activates the dots, but then nothing else happens. So it only works with MS Edge as the standard browser, with secondary browsers working along with it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 2, 2018 11:06 am
Gothicman
(@gothicman)

Correction! You can knock me down with a feather - it does work, I can get all posts and comments after staying logged-in with that link! Okay, I can copy and paste my link easily enough at the start, but I'm blowed if I'm gonna go through all that link-writing to get the work of others! And who else would know or want to do this in order to view older posts and comments. Needs a bit of javascript re-writing.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 2, 2018 11:13 am
Gothicman
(@gothicman)

No, only works, on mine, and other people's work, if I'm logged in, but otherwise it doesn't. Still an improvement - saves using the front page search box, if you know the name of the piece. Seems to be an easy fix.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 2, 2018 11:25 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Honorable Member

i can load more on your work too and mine, loaded more posts again and more comments

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 2, 2018 11:29 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Honorable Member

woo hoo, I'm an honorable member now!

free drinks for everyone  🍹  🍹  🍹  🍹  🍹  🍹  🍹  🍹   

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 2, 2018 11:31 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Honorable Member

chrome user by the way, did someone fix this? 

I plead not ordinary

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 2, 2018 11:32 am
Gothicman
(@gothicman)

IYP, I don't think it will work when you are logged out though? This would stop all guests checking on earlier work - it might be coupled to the new ID safeguards?

Congrats on becoming honourable!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 2, 2018 11:34 am ifyouplease liked
Page 1 / 2 Next
Share: