Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Site management and stuff!  

Page 2 / 2
  RSS
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Reputable Member

bugger! (always wanted to use this word - and this is the first time. is it ok to say bugger! if not, bugger!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 24, 2020 11:05 pm
ukadmin liked
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Trusted Member Admin
Posted by: @welshlivesmatter

That little turquoise circle on the left hand side is a bit annoying.

Anyone else think so?

?

Screenshot?

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 25, 2020 11:14 am
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Honorable Member Moderator

There is still some bleeding in of other people's titles onto pages. 🤔 

Have we done away with the smiley option for the comments section too? 🤨 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 26, 2020 11:29 am
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Trusted Member Admin
Posted by: @stormwolf

There is still some bleeding in of other people's titles onto pages.

Explain? I don't know whatcha mean!

Posted by: @stormwolf

Have we done away with the smiley option for the comments section too?

@stormwolf

Did we ever have smileys on the comments system? 

I just checked and there is an addon for the comment system to add smileys for $20. I've not bought it before so I assume we never had smileys in comments.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 26, 2020 3:09 pm
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Honorable Member Moderator

@ukadmin OK no smilies Smile  

If you want to add the feature just let me know and I will pay for it.

Wink

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 30, 2020 9:09 am
TheRecluse
(@therecluse)
Reputable Member

I think you've achieved the ideal balance now, Richard. The Forum side, where some threads could well contain discussion topics that would quite naturally develop in being a little too contentious, with moderators visible, being proactive if necessary, to remind members there is a limit to what can be tolerated regarding abuse and rule breaking.
And the site's main function side where precision writing of all types is submitted and published, and hopefully reacted to in a feedback way that suits each author's wish or intention. But, here, without the peacekeeping moderation so apparent, so that the Writing Site feels friendly and welcoming, and open to all equally as far as contribution and feedback ability is concerned, even allowing for the fact that the level of expertise and critically-useful input may vary.

I think the struggle to achieve this has been worth it. Designed now to be problem-free, like it used to be when Andrea was able to be more active, the site should gradually pick up and function well as a friendly, interactive, creative writing community.

Just one observation about the Front Page composition, the 'Latest Poetry' and 'From The UKArchive' seem to have the same function? Perhaps it would be better to have 'Random UKA Submissions' merging both into one function, and 'Latest' in the top line in bright green, to show what's fresh and new?

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 30, 2020 9:24 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: