Site management and...

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Site management and stuff!

Page 2 / 2
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Reputable Member

bugger! (always wanted to use this word - and this is the first time. is it ok to say bugger! if not, bugger!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 24, 2020 11:05 pm
ukadmin liked
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Estimable Member Admin
Posted by: @welshlivesmatter

That little turquoise circle on the left hand side is a bit annoying.

Anyone else think so?

?

Screenshot?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 25, 2020 11:14 am
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Honorable Member Moderator

There is still some bleeding in of other people's titles onto pages. 🤔 

Have we done away with the smiley option for the comments section too? 🤨 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 26, 2020 11:29 am
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Estimable Member Admin
Posted by: @stormwolf

There is still some bleeding in of other people's titles onto pages.

Explain? I don't know whatcha mean!

Posted by: @stormwolf

Have we done away with the smiley option for the comments section too?

@stormwolf

Did we ever have smileys on the comments system? 

I just checked and there is an addon for the comment system to add smileys for $20. I've not bought it before so I assume we never had smileys in comments.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 26, 2020 3:09 pm
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Honorable Member Moderator

@ukadmin OK no smilies Smile  

If you want to add the feature just let me know and I will pay for it.

Wink

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 30, 2020 9:09 am
Daffni
(@daffni)

I think a visible place saying which are submission dates would be useful. I go rushing about the site looking but am none the wiser.

Another question. I wondered why at first I got no comments on submissions. Then noticed the place to tick 'want comments etc' so ticked it and got comments but next time I noticed that after having submitted, that circle was unticked. Ticked it again and it worked but notice it still keeps vanishing. So does the circle for ticking 'poetry'. Shut Mouth  

ps what is this P for below here?  Ah!. as soon as I posted this the P disappeared.

This post was modified 7 months ago 2 times by Daffni
ReplyQuote
Posted : November 8, 2020 4:42 pm
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Reputable Member

@daffni

with the older version of UKA, there was a set of instructions called "How To" compiled by Jay12 which explained how to navigate the site. ( https://ukauthors.com/howto/). I remember asking if would be possible to have a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) but nothing came of it possibly because the site was being redeveloped. It looks as if there is a need for it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 8, 2020 7:10 pm
Bhi
 Bhi
(@bhi)

All,

I just posted a reply to a comment from ChairmanWow and now the main page comments box seems to have a life of its own. Who do we call to fix this? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 14, 2020 12:18 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Estimable Member Admin
Posted by: @bhi

All,

I just posted a reply to a comment from ChairmanWow and now the main page comments box seems to have a life of its own. Who do we call to fix this? 

Explain a bit more, please. What happened?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 14, 2020 12:38 pm
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Reputable Member

@ukadmin

I too noticed that the comments box was malformed. I reloaded the page and it went back to normal.
One thing that needs looking into is the Editor Picks list. It doesn't seem to pick up picks awarded after the 12 October 2020

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 14, 2020 12:59 pm
Bhi
 Bhi
(@bhi)

@ukadmin - Please have a look at Ungodly Fathers and my reply to ChairmanWow. The text background changed to black and i couldn't revert it back to normal. The line spacing in the reply looked ok, but when I saved it ran off the page, and on the main page, the entry was blank and seemed to have "consumed" all the other comments that had been there, just showing the author pics. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 14, 2020 1:10 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: