Publishing next, number of entries

9 Posts
6 Users
1 Likes
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Whose job is it to limit the number of entries per contributor/per posting date? There seems to be an excessive amount listed at the moment.

Posted : December 9, 2020 7:19 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Estimable Member

maybe we don't need this list of 'publishing next' and maybe this way the administrator and/or moderator can simply not publish too many articles by one author. 

perhaps it's better if this was done non automatically, maybe. just a number of future submissions would also be good, but not as good as the existing page looks, making us all proud of our community's activity. 

Posted : December 9, 2020 11:58 pm
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

On another site that I contribute to if an author tries to post more than the allowed number of entries, he/she is told that they have exceeded their quota and denied any further submission for that session. It seems to be a sensible solution that the webmaster could introduce.

Posted : December 10, 2020 10:21 am
Guaj
 Guaj
(@guaj)
Prominent Member

Well at least people are contributing a lot more than before the ‘reset’ 

Don’t knock it too soon Luigi 

I seem to have read Alison thought the limit was three each

It is very unusual for someone to exceed that and if they do they are probably catching up on what they missed posting when the site was down 

patience is in order I reckon

{pear}:wink:  

Posted : December 10, 2020 11:03 am
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

@Guaj

I am not knocking it, just making suggestions trying to get a reasonable balance. On the site that I mention they allow daily postings with a maximum of three per person. If we did that we would be swamped with stuff and not enough time to read it.

Well at least people are contributing a lot more than before the ‘reset’” you say. That's true but out of the supposed 447 members, only a handful, just over a dozen are currently active, submitting and commenting on each other's work. Over 400+ dormant – or non-existent - members do not contribute.

Posted : December 10, 2020 12:20 pm
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Reputable Member

I have put a bit in the shout box about it and contacted a member too. I did bring it up with Richard and he was going to be putting something on the front page reminding us all that it is max 2 articles (poetry or prose) per publishing day. 😉  
Also, I am sure the old UKA had an automatic thing that flashed up as I posted a poem for next publishing day reminding me it was maximum of two poems per day so that worked well. 🙂

It is really great to see the site picking up and so hate to dampen down anyone's enthusiasm....but it does make it easier for people to hopefully read a good selection of other's work. Also gives everyone a fairer representation on the front page.

I am trying to catch up on my reading after falling behind due to all sorts of things befalling some family and friends. 😥  

The standard is really first class so keep 'em coming me hearties. {blue}:lovekiss:  

Posted : December 10, 2020 8:12 pm
stevef
(@stevef)
Reputable Member

@TheRecluse

Noted and passed along the chain.

Posted : December 17, 2020 10:09 am
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Reputable Member

Thanks both. I got the message but was in my bed so attended to it today. Will have to chase Richard up to put the message on front page as new members are hardly likely to know unless informed. {pear}:wink:  

Posted : December 17, 2020 11:12 am
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

Added a FP message. 👍 

Posted : December 20, 2020 5:38 pm
stormwolf reacted
Share: