Forum

How to get UKA back...
 
Notifications
Clear all

How to get UKA back on top?

96 Posts
9 Users
51 Likes
1,919 Views
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Posts: 404
Reputable Member
 

@griffonner thank you for your reply. I would like to clarify that I am not forcing. anyone to use the route I'm advocating, I am suggesting the use of a feature that already exists (see the  notice on the front page

Remember to TWEET what you read on UKA!

 

 
 

and that does not compromise the copyright law. I have nothing further to add to the subject.
Have a nice day.

Luigi

 
Posted : June 25, 2021 8:55 am
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Posts: 208
Reputable Member Admin
Topic starter
 
Posted by: @griffonner

@ Admin

Re subscriptions: Well we know the absolute position there.  Thank you for clarifying it.

Q: Re tweeting - what is the copyright situation on people tweeting actual UKA postings?

Yes, Further to the answers posted above; The tweet posted via UKA to Twitter only contains the title and a few hashtags so the tweet is totally fine. Folk can post extracts up to 140 characters but that would also be fine. I guess they could create a Twitter thread containing the entire text of submissions which would of course infringe copyright. They could also create and post a screenshot of the entire submission which again would be a no-no.

There's no way of stopping it from happening on any site web-wide really.

 


 
Posted : June 25, 2021 10:58 am
andrea
(@andrea)
Posts: 190
Prominent Member Admin
 

@stormwolf 

Alison, you are spot on, with some brilliant ideas. Will mull over and apologise for my absence...

 
Posted : June 29, 2021 7:14 pm
stormwolf reacted
andrea
(@andrea)
Posts: 190
Prominent Member Admin
 

@stormwolf 

Alison, wise words. We need members of ALL ages. 

Will give it some serious thought. 

Hope you are well and huge apologies for my absence.

Xx

 
Posted : June 29, 2021 7:30 pm
stormwolf reacted
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Posts: 556
Estimable Member
 
Posted by: @gee

@griffonner - that's really useful to read through. I've seen many sites pop up on twitter, post for a bit, then disappear so, as you say, any posting there has to be sustained to keep followers. Many of the people I know on there post many times a day, so it takes up quite a bit of time. One friend, her name is Sakshi, generally posts six times a day, retweets from followers and replies to answers on her posts. She has 31,000 followers and can have over 100 replies on a post, so that takes up a lot of time. I don't know how she does it.

As for youtube, as I understand it, Nic has her own channel so someone else would need to set up the UKA one and run it. Nic has given some links to how to do it and I see no reason why we shouldn't have a channel, but it's not something I would be personally interested in. If someone is prepared to carry out the necessary work, why not try it? We have nothing to lose. Perhaps it would be useful if Nic could give an idea about the amount of time she has to invest in doing it and then we could check for any volunteers? 

If we are to have the site redesigned, that will cost money but we don't yet know how much so it's hard to know if that's an option. If there's some way of getting some estimate to see if it's feasible, that would be good. 

We have options but I think we have to see if any of them are feasible. It means giving time and/or money to do these things. If that isn't an option, we might have to try to work with what we've got.

 

Just saw this, well any person that has gmail and follow the two step verification using a cell phone can set it up quite easily. 

the verification is needed so that it will be very difficult to hack the channel.

since it is about a site and its community I think it's best to use this feature.

Lives would be way cool, premieres etc

Interviews 

Presentations and News about what is going on here.

 

It can really create a circle of people interested in ukauthors and literature in general. A circle that will attract other people, new members,

 

I imagine first they find uka's channel on youtube, subscribe participate in live chats /discussions over there and eventually will join the site too.

 

it's one of the best carrots out there, youtube's community is vast. 

It would take no more than an hour to set up the account and upload the first video.

 

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o7qODwjEz8

 

 

 

 
Posted : June 29, 2021 7:38 pm
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Posts: 310
Reputable Member
 

@andrea Absolutely no need to apologise Boss. I know you are struggling with health issues. Yes, we miss you VERY much but health comes first. I am not too great at the moment but seeing  a super herbalist / counsellor who understands exactly what living with an invisible illness is like and the frustrations of not being able to do all you want.

It is all about pacing yourself so I have to remember on a good day not to try to make up for all the days I am not up to much at all. Unless I heed that advice I am headed down a very difficult road what with moving etc. Taking a day at a time.

Just great to hear from you though. Just great. xxx {pear}:smile:  
 

 
Posted : July 1, 2021 2:13 pm
Page 7 / 7
Share: