Notifications
Clear all

Here we go again!  

Page 2 / 3
  RSS
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Trusted Member Admin

Maybe the box is closed for the categories?

toggle the arrows in the top right:

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 21, 2020 10:35 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Reputable Member

maybe it has something to do with bringing back schedule after all the changes that didn't exist when submissions were published immediately? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 21, 2020 10:38 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Trusted Member Admin

To do quick screenshots to pates in these forums try downloading this:

https://app.prntscr.com/

I've updated the categories for your submissions now, @ifyouplease

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 21, 2020 10:39 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Reputable Member

there are no categories for me at least, maybe it's because I have no submissions. All I see after the two boxes of publish is the last box that says Hide and has two options. Wordpress and Search Engines.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 21, 2020 10:41 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Reputable Member

thank you, I am not familiar with this laptop ... ah I think I saw something a little button I had to wear my glasses. Ok I will try to printscreen next time

(I am getting old, aren't I? *frets*)

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 21, 2020 10:44 pm
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Honorable Member Moderator

@ukadmin Hi Richard. I don't think it would do any harm to have an 'under construction' or 'improvements in progress' etc while the site is active. At least it alerts folk to the fact it is not as it is going to be and is being modelled on a new idea and is in the process of becoming?
Maybe it will be a period of trial and error? Often it is only by a 'suck it and see' approach that any problems or glitches come to light?

I shall be posting later with a recording and pic to see if I can manage my way about. Nerd I am away to have a coffee. I am not quite human till I have my first cup of coffee! Very Hungry  

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 22, 2020 9:46 am
ukadmin liked
ionicus
(@ionicus)
Trusted Member

@ukadmin

Personally I would carry on with this revamped site without another delay and do away with the 'new forum' ( http://forums.ukauthors.com/)
It doesn't make sense to me to have 'Writing' on both. Any new pieces of prose, poetry and non-fiction posted on the 'forum' could be reposted on the relaunched site by their authors. New submissions would eventually supersede the old stuff still showing on the front page.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 22, 2020 11:05 am
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Trusted Member Admin

The other forums have now been set to read-only and folk will be redirected back to this main site and forums.

I've also updated some of the forum ratings for members - regular names should be set to 'Eminent Member' while a few are set to 'Honorable Member' because they are moderators.

I might have missed some names but...

If anyone wants to be a moderator or if anyone wants their forum 'rating' changed then let me know.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 22, 2020 7:07 pm
amman
(@amman)
Eminent Member

Hi Richard

I see you have chopped the Forum subjects right back.  Is the 'Musical Clue Game' now kaput?

Cheers

Tony (Amman).

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 23, 2020 2:57 am
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Reputable Member

I used to be an Illustrius Member. Kinda miss that, hope it doesn't have a moderator quality not that I would have a problem, but I may or may not have internet in 21 and each month I think it's a miracle I am still able to pay the bill. If you make me a moderator I need to know what You want me to do and I would like to be named Hawk. and if possible written in Greek, ἱέραξ.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 23, 2020 8:45 am
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Trusted Member Admin
Posted by: @amman

Hi Richard

I see you have chopped the Forum subjects right back.  Is the 'Musical Clue Game' now kaput?

Cheers

Tony (Amman).

Feel free to resume the musical clue game in the general forum!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 23, 2020 6:03 pm
belcanto
(@belcanto)

@ukadmin Okay! I'd volunteer, but as another member wrote, I'd want to know what that entailed, first. I'm imagining a moderator has to learn how to get into the system to block or delete and that surely makes me nervous since I haven't a clue, technically! Feel eerily apprehensive that I'd screw up/delete someone's entire account.  And given Andrea's reason for not assuming her original role was that she couldn't master getting into the backend is it any wonder I'm hesitating? I don't see her here on this  make-over either.  Or Jim.  Scared

PS. Was searching on forum version for what stevef wrote about his view of a moderator's role.  So I could copy and post it here because I entirely agreed with him.  Couldn't find it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 24, 2020 8:44 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Trusted Member Admin
Posted by: @belcanto

PS. Was searching on forum version for what stevef wrote about his view of a moderator's role.  So I could copy and post it here because I entirely agreed with him.  Couldn't find it.

That thread was deleted when it degenerated into argument and unpleasantness!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 24, 2020 9:06 pm
belcanto
(@belcanto)

@ukadmin Oh? Missed that completely, then! I'd been ill for a while and pretty much offline. Will you explain the role to us and how you teach moderators what to do?  Are you teleconferencing with your  principle moderator  perhaps?

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 24, 2020 9:22 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Trusted Member Admin

Moderating the forums is pretty straight forward really. The links you would see if set as a moderator are easy to understand. Being a FULL site moderator/admin would be a bit more involved because it would mean having access to the 'backend' and so an understanding of WordPress would be a high advantage.

Even if you're not set as an official moderator, you can still play an active role in keeping the site happy, friendly and enjoyable by reporting anything you see that might be causing trouble/issues/upset.

Each submission page has a link at the bottom 'flag content' which you can use to send a report on the page content and/or any of the comments on that submission page.

And each post and thread in the forums have a 'report' link so you can do the same with the forums.

You can email a URL of a page with offending content directly to admin and we can sort it out. 👍 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 24, 2020 9:38 pm
Page 2 / 3
Share: