Forum

Feedback from a new...

Notifications
Clear all

Feedback from a newbie

Dodgem
(@dodgem)

Having gradually settled in, my first comment is that I'm very glad to be here - it's worked wonders for my writing - much to learn! Having previously been a moderator on a much different site, and having to deal with strong (read argumentative) personalities, I find the feedback and comments from members here to be always friendly and worth considering - for my own and others works.

Well, that's the good stuff!!

No, sorry, I jest; but seriously, I'm still finding certain things not so easy to understand. It may even be useful to have an 'Idiots Guide to UKAuthors' readily available to new members; explaining the rules and rituals of membership - the does, as well as the don'ts. For a start it would help me understand what a 'nib' is. I know a member has attempted to explain this to me; but alas, my addled brain has still not grasped this arcane term. Also, I see that submissions go in weekly, on a Friday, but then I see more appearing later; does this mean that there are two submission days each week? Also, is it okay to keep revising already posted work - we are poets after all! These are the types of questions new members may ask.

Generally, I can muddle along okay now, and I hope that if I ever break the unwritten rule, it will be pointed out to me - in writing. Anyway, just a few thoughts.

Best to All

Dougie  Smile  

Topic starter Posted : February 17, 2021 2:46 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Reputable Member

submit a piece anytime of the week for the next publishing day just try to submit two pieces, the days are Friday and Monday, which means if you submit something on Sunday it will be published on Monday and you can submit two pieces max.

the nibs are some kind of decoration, the editors of this site after having read most if not all the pieces on a publishing day, they decide which one deserves to be decorated, editor's choice/fav 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 17, 2021 3:45 pm
Dodgem
(@dodgem)

Thanks Nic. My custom is to submit anything to meet the Friday deadline, so that won't change; and I've got two sent in for that - I can't think I could manage more anyway. Re the 'nibs' I think I understand, in as much as it is in the 'hands of the Gods' - in our case our esteemed editors, so I can't stop wittering on about that.

Thanks for the reply

Best...Dougie

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 17, 2021 3:59 pm
ifyouplease
(@ifyouplease)
Reputable Member
ReplyQuote
Posted : February 19, 2021 6:43 pm
Dodgem
(@dodgem)

You are risking the loss of my gravity - into unseemly mirth! LoL