Exhaustion from trying to post

6 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

OMG. I have just spent two hours trying to post a reworked poem. I found hiccups at every level. I think I now have TWO pics on the poem for there did not seem to be any way to delete a pic once chosen {blue}:gape:  

I tried and tried and even deleted the whole shebang and tried again..

I had similar problems with the recitation. I do not know what is going wrong but it seems to be so much more difficult to manage now. At this rate , suffering as I do from chronic fatigue syndrome..all my energy has been exhausted simply trying to post a couple of poems.

I shudder to know my poem is going on tomorrow half cocked, in fact a disaster of layout.

{blue}:crying:

Posted : October 4, 2020 12:46 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

I've not actually changed anything to do with the submission page or the process. It's exactly the same as it has been for the last year.

Adding a pic should be utterly straight forward. 

Put your cursor where you want your picture to go...

Click 'add media' to open your media folder and locate or upload the pic you want...

click 'add selected' button

it will pop into the place where your cursor was.

you can click the image and resize it by grabbing the corner of the image and dragging it in/out

you can position it by clicking the image and selecting the positions that pop-up

delete the image by clicking it and then pressing 'del' on your keyboard.

Literally, nothing has changed in 12 months on the submit page or the process of submitting.

Posted : October 4, 2020 1:41 pm
ukadmin
(@ukadmin)
Reputable Member Admin

I've just checked your scheduled submissions @stormwolf and they all look good to me.

Mind Games has one image at the top of the sub - so not two images.

Audio files are working too. 👍 

Mind Games won't be published until this coming Friday as there have been lots of submissions over the last few days and the schedule is set to post 10 per publishing day. A free (Mind Games, included) has missed Monday's publishing slot.

Posted : October 4, 2020 1:53 pm
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Thank you Richard. I do not know where I was going wrong as I have been posting pics longer than anyone 🙃 

Anyway, I wonder why you are limiting the submissions?

I fear this will back fire as I thought our aim was to encourage posting?

Posted : October 4, 2020 3:51 pm
richard
(@richard)
Honorable Member

Posted by: @stormwolf

Thank you Richard. I do not know where I was going wrong as I have been posting pics longer than anyone 🙃 

Anyway, I wonder why you are limiting the submissions?

I fear this will back fire as I thought our aim was to encourage posting?

Regarding the limiting of subs: It's set to 10 per publishing day. I can make it more. Generally, in the past, we have not had more than 10 submissions in the three day gap between publishing days so it's never really been an issue. Usually we get 3 - 5 submissions.

I'll up it to 20 per Monday/Friday and I'll alter the publishing dates for the subs that are sitting in scheduled so they get published tomorrow morning.

Posted : October 4, 2020 5:04 pm
stormwolf reacted
stormwolf
(@stormwolf)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

certainly looks like subs are increasing which is a very positive sign 😀 

Thanks Richard 😊 

Posted : October 4, 2020 5:51 pm
ukadmin reacted
Share: